• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!

Comment

Super cool SWAMP !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First chance to sleep over in the cabin at the new place last night.

Got up to 95 degrees... but thankfully we oriented the cabin correctly and I could take advantage of the breeze through the breezeway with both doors open.

Todos... need to get a marine battery/solar charger and wire 12v lights and USB ports. Build a DIY swamp cooler.

Oh dropped a hog about 70 yard walk from the back porch.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I like this post more and more every time i read it

Comment

Love this little cabin. Great job.

Comment

Thanks guys! This project has definately been a source of adventure as well as shade, warmth, comfort, and dryness.

Comment

How am I just now seeing this? I love it

Comment

Scott, you might consider getting a 2000i honda generator and small window unit AC.

I run solar in the winter and the generator when it's hot.

Makes a huge difference.

Comment

How did I miss this? Really cool and good luck at the new lease.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                      Scott, you might consider getting a 2000i honda generator and small window unit AC.

I run solar in the winter and the generator when it's hot.

Makes a huge difference.
                      I don't know how I missed this! Took the wife out to get her to shoot a hog. She was successful and I discovered quickly how much I missed electricity when it came time to skin it after sunset.

On the drive home I mentioned getting a honda 2000 because they are light and so **** quiet. I have a 3500w generator for storms, but too heavy and loud to want to deal with it. So now I am keeping an eye out for a gently used one.

Already have a window unit (emergency backup for the house/storms)

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        I don't know how I missed this! Took the wife out to get her to shoot a hog. She was successful and I discovered quickly how much I missed electricity when it came time to skin it after sunset.

On the drive home I mentioned getting a honda 2000 because they are light and so **** quiet. I have a 3500w generator for storms, but too heavy and loud to want to deal with it. So now I am keeping an eye out for a gently used one.

You don't need a big AC for that setup obviously. I believe a single Honda 2000 will run up to an 8000 btu window unit with no issues.

Text or email me and I'll get you a good chart as to what all it will run.

Also you should make an extended gas tank so that you don't have to fill it as often. Pretty cheap and worth it when youre nice and cool and the gen runs out at 2am.

You could also run a water transfer pump off it for a hot shower when coupled with an ecotemp l5 or the like.

Comment

It would be very cheap and easy to insulate that dude with some 3/4" styrofoam insulation with radiant barrier on one side. Cut with a razor knife and glue in with caulk.

Comment

I talked to a guy that owns a trailer manufacturing company recently. He had a Harbor Freight 2000W Predator generator sitting in his shop (it is a Honda clone that is supposedly just as quiet). He said he uses it with his camper on a regular basis and spoke very highly of it. HF has it on sale for 449 now, regular 499

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              It would be very cheap and easy to insulate that dude with some 3/4" styrofoam insulation with radiant barrier on one side. Cut with a razor knife and glue in with caulk.
                              That is actually in the plans for this year. Before moving it, I figured what I really need to do was remove the metal roof, put down decking and felt and put the metal roof back on. That way I can insulate the roof and walls. Figured some foam board with some liquid nails should do the job.

The only reason I haven't done that yet is because it is so freakishly hot and I wanted to actually kill some stuff out there sooner rather than later. So when the weather turns cooler, I'll make that one of the weekend todos.

In a couple weeks, I'm going to build a shower off the back side of the deck by the counter. Will just be a "military" style stall with a gravity fed water system. Figured I'd convert an old cooler for a water tank. Can heat some water up on a stove on that counter.

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                              I talked to a guy that owns a trailer manufacturing company recently. He had a Harbor Freight 2000W Predator generator sitting in his shop (it is a Honda clone that is supposedly just as quiet). He said he uses it with his camper on a regular basis and spoke very highly of it. HF has it on sale for 449 now, regular 499
                              I'll have to check it out. Saw a few used Honda 2000s for $5-600 on craigslist/fb.

Comment

That is actually in the plans for this year. Before moving it, I figured what I really need to do was remove the metal roof, put down decking and felt and put the metal roof back on. That way I can insulate the roof and walls. Figured some foam board with some liquid nails should do the job.

The only reason I haven't done that yet is because it is so freakishly hot and I wanted to actually kill some stuff out there sooner rather than later. So when the weather turns cooler, I'll make that one of the weekend todos.

In a couple weeks, I'm going to build a shower off the back side of the deck by the counter. Will just be a "military" style stall with a gravity fed water system. Figured I'd convert an old cooler for a water tank. Can heat some water up on a stove on that counter.

I'll have to check it out. Saw a few used Honda 2000s for $5-600 on craigslist/fb.
                                I have seen a black water tank similar to a truck gas tank laid on top of a roof. The guy said the sun heats the water to make a nice warm shower. He uses it, then turns the water to it on and refills at the end so it can heat up for the next shower. Beats heating a pot of water and having to dump it into something.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X