No announcement yet.

Which Framing Nailer should i buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a harbor freight one after my dewalt took a dive. No complaints about the Harbor Freight one. I only use it on a couple of projects a year also.

Comment

Check your local pawn shops. I bought a senco years ago for $50.

Comment

I got mine at northern tool

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
          Porter-Cable has been good for me.
          I've have mine for 25 years and just replaced all of the o-rings for the first time. I go in spurts on using it - I might use it to build a barn or shed then nothing for several months, then build a deck or porch, etc. I don't recall what I paid for it new, but I do know at the time I was dead broke and it was cheap.

wsteffen's suggestion for pawn shops is a fantastic idea. Senco makes great nailers and there are usually shops that will work on those.

Comment

Buy a good used Hitachi

Comment

I have Rigid and its been a good nailer. We used it to build the well house and the skinning shed at the deer camp.

Comment

Ive had a paslode for ages. Pretty much all i know is i have never done anything to it but feed it nails and a little oil now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 21 degree Porter Cable. No complaints Mr smaller nailers are Hitachi no complaints with them either.

Comment

I’ve had two different Bostitch nailers for the past 9–10 years, and they’re both still going strong. I’ve never replaced the O-rings, just a little oil now & then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

bought the big one from Harbor Freight, seems to be solid tool. Have used it a few times and it works fine. Beats paying several 100 dollars for one that does the same thing ... drive long nails into wood.

Comment

Porter Cable FR350.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I found a gently used Porter-Cable FCP350 for $100, it is like new. Seems to work great. It will sure be easer on these projects I have lined up.

Comment

All the framers on my house used Hitachi. I have a Harbor Freight. The difference IMO is you can get parts for a 20 YO Hitachi. You can’t get parts for a five YO HF.

Comment

I have the Harbor Freight framing nailer and it's been fine for me. Like you, I only use it a couple of times each year. I have used it to build an entire workshop and it worked flawlessly.

Comment

I found a refurb Porter Cable for $100 and it's been great, built a lot of stuff with it. 21 degrees is what you need, the rest is kinda odd ball, lots of nails for the 21 too.

Pawn Shops can sometimes offer up a nice deal if you find what you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X