Which Framing Nailer should i buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Framing Nailer should i buy

I am a DIY guy that could use a framing nail gun for a couple projects each year. My question is which one to buy, I don't want junk but I don't want to put a lot of money into something I will only use for a few projects every year. I will only use one for a few projects each year but it should would be handy and a time and elbow saver.

Should I get a 21 degree or 30 degree?

How about Harbor Freight? Their have a Central Pneumatic for $100, a Banks $100 & $80 and a Pierce for $160.

Or should I avoid Harbor Freight and go with something else?

Thanks for the input.

Don’t have one of the above, but HF has come a long way with consumer grade tools the last few years. Would not hesitate to buy one from them for random projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had an hitachi for about 5-6 years and have been happy with it. I use it for a couple projects a year and loaned it to the church crew for rebuilding homes after Harvey. Never had any issues with it.

Comment

I have a Bostitch F21PL in like new condition that I'll let go for $150.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
          ^^^ Thats a pretty good deal.

If you have a Southern Fastners (Southern Carlson) close by, they carry a line of China made nailers that are proven to hold up. Better then HF and still under $200. The name has changed possibly but they were called Interchange I believe. Hitachi, Bostitch, Max, or Senco in a 21deg are all great products.

Comment

If you were only closer. I am thinking shipping to OKC would not be cheap and would take the good deal away.

Comment

Hitachi! You will always be able to find nails and anyone can service them.

Comment

I scoured the net in search of reviews etc and of course the high dollar bostich and Milwaukee were good but I am not in the framing trade- just build fence here and there
                I bought the home depot 21 deg husky brand for 88$
                It came w hand nailer too.. I must say it's a beast and reviews are nearly 5 star so in my opinion best bang for buck- I've built 2 large fences and framed a room with zero issues with feed or jams

Comment

Porter-Cable has been good for me.

Comment

Whichever brand you choose get a 21 degree. There are tons of variations of nails available, and with it this angle being the most used the nails are the cheaper than other angles.

I have a 28 degree and will be getting a 21 degree soon.

Comment

Originally posted by taterjrs View Post
                      Whichever brand you choose get a 21 degree. There are tons of variations of nails available, and with it this angle being the most used the nails are the cheaper than other angles.

I have a 28 degree and will be getting a 21 degree soon.

This and Hitachi. I used and abused them when I was younger and worked as a framer. Watched them fall off a 2 story roof more than a few times and still work just fine. If there's ever an issue, they can be rebuilt easily.

Comment

21° no doubt, and just about any brand. Keep em oiled and they will last. HF builds a good gun but it ain't light by any means.
                        If you're not building houses, I would go cordless. A buddy just bought a Milwaukee, and you can shoot nails all day on 1 battery. No hose, is a thing of beauty. Soon as I can fund it, I'm getting one.
                        Last edited by MadHatter; 07-30-2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I also vote for 21 degree and Hitachi, I’ve been beating mine up on my current remodel and it’s a beast

Comment

Have had a Bostich for 15 years ad still going strong, it's a bit heavy. Also have a Rigid that's about 10 years old and dos a great job as well. Would recommend a small whip to help with mobility. Like all air tools, keep them oiled and they will last longer.

Comment

I have a paslode cordless framer it runs on gas cartridges and battery. I like it because I can use it anywhere since I don't need electricity to run a compressor but it is heavier and loader and probably out of your budget unless you find a used one.

Comment

Working...
                              X