Got a bite for a new job on LinkedIn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a bite for a new job on LinkedIn

Thanks guys for recommending LinkedIn. I had a phone interview today and have a face to face meeting scheduled next Friday with a new company. It's still in restaurants but seems to be a much better opportunity for growth. I'm nervous and excited.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

My ex boss keeps hounding me to join...I've always avoided social media where your name is out there like fb & the like.

Guess I need to consider...congrats on the opportunity.

Comment

That's great! Hope u the best. It is far from a FACEBOOK type environment.

Comment

Congrats, LinkedIn is a great venue for business networking. I make multiple hires per year using it. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          It is far from a FACEBOOK type environment.
          I agree to a point. It can still be a FB type outlet if you aren't selective in "who" you connect with. I have over 500 connections in my network and believe it or not I was fairly discriminating.

I've made it a point to try NOT to mix the 2 medians. None of my personal friends are in my "professional network" on LinkedIn and conversely none of my work colleagues are my friends on FB.

That being said, I was very fortunate to be able to land my current work gig through a prior connection on LinkedIn.

Congrats and good luck to the OP!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            I agree to a point. It can still be a FB type outlet if you aren't selective in "who" you connect with. I have over 500 connections in my network and believe it or not I was fairly discriminating.

I've made it a point to try NOT to mix the 2 medians. None of my personal friends are in my "professional network" on LinkedIn and conversely none of my work colleagues are my friends on FB.

That being said, I was very fortunate to be able to land my current work gig through a prior connection on LinkedIn.

Thanks and good advice on keeping professional and casual separate.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

Bingo!!! I am self employed now for 5 years and don't spend much time on it. But I do get requests to connect..........often from folks I casually know. I tend not to add them to that network as they were not in Biotech or big Pharma. I do my best to keep that separated from social friends!

Comment

Make sure your FB and tweets are cleaned up before you go!!! Some company's also check credit reports. BE EARLY, 10 or 15 minuites for your interview. Not saying you have bad credit, but they do check I don't agree with that. If you are out of work some do get bad credit. Have on clean pressed cloth, hair combed, and shiny shoes. If you were in the military make sure to bring it up! If you see anything in their office about hunting , you might mention you hunt. " I got 2 jobs that way!" Look to see if there might be anything else you have in common! Look the interviewer in the eyes when you talk, and tell the truth. Hope this helps. I have interviewed lots and lots of people over 30 yrs in the Industrial Maintenance field. Good Luck!!!

Comment

Keep yalls fingers crossed please. Not sure if this is the route I need to go. It is a promising position but I'm anxious for some reason

Comment

What type of work?

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
                      Keep yalls fingers crossed please. Not sure if this is the route I need to go. It is a promising position but I'm anxious for some reason

You're probably anxious because it is important to you!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                        What type of work?

District management for a restaurant franchise

Comment

[QUOTE=White Falcon;11481988] BE EARLY, 10 or 15 minuites for your interview. [\QUOTE]

In my opinion, being early can go either way. Some people may like it, and some may be put off by it. Especially if they tell you a set time because they are conducting other interviews that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post

Good luck!

Comment

[quote=SoTXAg06;11482100]
                              Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                              BE EARLY, 10 or 15 minuites for your interview. [\QUOTE]

In my opinion, being early can go either way. Some people may like it, and some may be put off by it. Especially if they tell you a set time because they are conducting other interviews that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are meeting at a local diner off site from the store. I'm going to be early. Prob 10 mins or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X