X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Looking Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
      Here is mine before I added a bottom. No axle to get hung up. 48" wide to fit into a pickup bed. Handy as a pocket on a shirt
      Looks good Okiehunter!

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
      what tire did you put on?
      Those are some old rear ranger tires. Think they are 26x11x12. The trailer kit comes with some street tires, but I wanted to run these for more surface area when the ground is a little softer.

Comment

Nice work. Very handy to have a small trailer on the lease.

Comment

how much do you have in the whole trailer, if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

I like that. My neighbor has a little trailer in his yard he never uses. I'm going to hit up about it. Thx for the idea.

Comment

Nicely done! I use mine a TON!

Last edited by TXBRASS; 04-12-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                how much do you have in the whole trailer, if you dont mind me asking?
                Don't mind at all. I'm ball parking on some of these numbers, but it's pretty close. At the end of the day you could build a functional trailer for the cost of the HF frame, some 3/4" plywood and side boards. I would have been using the plywood for the floor if I didn't have the 10gauge taking up space in the shop.

HF Trailer - $208~ ($240 down to $192+tax after 20% open box discount)

Rims - $98

Tires - free (old take offs)

Expanded metal & 10 gauge sheet metal - don't remember the original cost of these, but it was "free" for me because it was leftover from other projects

Angle iron - $20?

Square tube - $20?

D-rings - $5 (HF has 2 packs for $2)

2x8 wood tailgate - free from scrap pile

Paint - $10?

Tire Slime - $30?

I think that covers it. Again, ball parking but I would say around $390. I think you could build one out of wood for $240~ if you were okay with the stock rims and tires it comes with.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                  Nicely done! I use mine a TON!
                  Awesome picks Black Gold. Thanks again for posting your build. The DIY Forum is my favorite because I love seeing what everyone else comes up with. Some great redneck engineers in the great state of TEXAS!

Comment

I like the tire "savers".

Comment

Thank you for posting that, this is exactly what I want. . .time to start my build.

Comment

I know I got mine pretty cheap, it was like 20% off plus I had a super cupon. I believe I got it for around $170, I had all the board and I use the tires I came with.

Comment

Very nice Sir... I appreciate the post, got some great ideas. About to start on myself, wheels, hubs and axels should be here this week.

Comment

Need a 4wheeler to put that behind!!

Comment

I am amazed at what some people can do.

Comment

Very nice, thanks for posting!

Comment

Working...
                                X