Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is awesome

Comment

Brian, you getting trees this year? How are your original sawtooths looking?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        Brian, you getting trees this year? How are your original sawtooths looking?
        No, I never ordered any. I have had too much going this fall and never got the chance. NONE of the ones I ordered last year from other sources survived, but they weren't sawtooths. Last year I ordered walnut, wild plum, red oak, willow oak from Missouri Wildlife department. All died, maybe from TOO much water last spring.

Comment

Orginal tree

The smaller tree behind her was either next year or the next.
          Last edited by BrianL; 02-17-2016, 09:50 AM.

Comment

How deep is that pond? What are you planning on stocking it with?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post

Orginal tree

The smaller tree behind her was either next year or the next.
              wow, how old now?

i have 5 in tree tubes that are 3-4 ft tall.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                How deep is that pond? What are you planning on stocking it with?
                16 foot at deepest. probably average around 12 foot.

Copper Nose, RES, FHM, F1 bass, and hybrid stripped bass. Talapia each spring.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                  wow, how old now?

i have 5 in tree tubes that are 3-4 ft tall.
                  That tree was the first planting in 2011. The drought year. Those trees have out preformed all others. I think the drought year forced a better/deeper root system, but I don't know.

Comment

That tree was the first planting in 2011. The drought year. Those trees have out preformed all others. I think the drought year forced a better/deeper root system, but I don't know.
                    that tree should produce acorns in 2-3 years...

congrats !!!!

Comment

16 foot at deepest. probably average around 12 foot.

Copper Nose, RES, FHM, F1 bass, and hybrid stripped bass. Talapia each spring.
                      I am not sure what your biologist recommended but I would wait at least 2 yrs before putting in Hybrids in. They will literally decimate bait populations in a short period of time. Also they will eat your LMB in that environment.

Comment

Bob Lusk is the biologist doing the stocking, but I think it is all this year, everything is being stocked as fingerlings, I think.

Comment

Oh and HSB are feed trained, but not the F1s.

Comment

Good looking project and love the pond!!!

Comment

Bob Lusk is the biologist doing the stocking, but I think it is all this year, everything is being stocked as fingerlings, I think.
                              HE knows his stuff but I would still be leary. How many his he recommending?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                HE knows his stuff but I would still be leary. How many his he recommending?
                                I went back and reread the proposal, and it states 30-40 6" feed trained, but doesn't give the stocking time on those. Early June on the 150 LMB fingerlings.

Comment

Working...
                                X