Sous vide cookers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous vide cookers ?

Just was gifted a sous vide cooker . Anyone here use them ? Any tips ? Or tricks to using it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've used mine once made a WT backstrap sous vide at 131 for 3 hours then 1 minute each side on a hot grill. It was the best backstrap I've ever had, all I put on it in the bag was sea salt cracked pepper and butter in the bag

Comment

Just got one too. Did some burgers and turned out great. I usually do steak at 127-129 for an hour or so then sear on grill. Turns out amazing. Either use a vacuum sealer or just freezer bags work to. Some of the best food you'll have when you get it down.

Comment

https://www.seriouseats.com/sous-vide-101

Comment

I do HEB Ribeyes. Black pepper, thyme, and fresh garlic on each side. 135 degrees for 1.5 - 3 hours, remove garlic and thyme and then sear.

Comment

Someone loves you.

Check out the youtube channel Sous Vide Everything. Lots of great videos where they do a lot of experiments to compare different ways of cooking sous vide. Butter or no butter, what temp, frozen or not frozen, etc. Very entertaining too

Comment

ChefSteps is here to make cooking more fun. Get recipes, tips, and videos that show the whys behind the hows for sous vide, grilling, baking, and more.

One of the best prime ribs you will ever eat.
              We cook with ours quite a bit.

Comment

seriouseats.com

Comment

I think I’m going to try chicken first .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I sous vide in my Yeti. Hands down best way to eat steak and venison. I hear fish and chicken is good this way too but have yet to try it.

Comment

I have one I bought off Amazon called Joule. I love it and use it a couple of times a week.

Comment

I have an Anova device and use it on a cast aluminum pot I picked up in a garage sale. You can also use a crawfish boil pot if you got one. Did chicken breast this past Weekend. 155 deg for 4 hrs. Then seared them on the griddle or a skillet will work. Just pat the dry and rub with a little olive oil. I seasoned them with a steakhouse rub. Even did one with saricha garlic. It came out awesome. Did some filets he other day at 130,for 8hrs, seasoned with sea salt/ Don't season with black pepper until after the soak the pepper turns to mush.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lots of good advice here! It’s been a game changer for wild game. I love cooking wild turkey breast for a couple of hours at 145. It’s so good! Also, I’ll use it to quickly thaw larger cuts of meat that I’ve vacuum sealed. I’ve done whitetail sirloin roast for a couple of hours at 120 and finish on the smoker. So good!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have something in my sous vide bath right now and I cook with it several times a week. Chicken is the one protein I haven't liked cooked this way. I've done shrimp, lobster, steaks, pork chops, eggs, roast, ribs, and others with great results. It's also great for reheating foods.

I saw someone mention garlic which I advise against. Raw garlic will not cook at sous vide temps, so you're left with a bad taste. You also increase the risk of botulism by putting raw garlic in, however the risk are small. Of you like garlic like I do it is best to use it when you sear the meat post sous vide.

Also experiment with time & temps. You can cook meat to the point the texture changes dramatically which can be offputting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X