No announcement yet.

Somerville WMA 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it's not a draw hunt it's a walk in area vest and hat is all thats needed please I'm begging you don't be a walk and stalk hunter the ragweed is to high for that you will just push every deer off there and if using a stand when you think you have found a gold area do a 100 yrd look to see if any other hunter is already set for that area don't set up right on them some of us have hunted it many yrs and I'm done with those people

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
      Read your book!!!!!
      Oh I read through it, I was just surpised that there was a public place to hunt deer without having to be drawn.

Oh and at GD47: Definitely not gonna walk and stalk, I'll be bringing a climber and a good set of binocs so I hopefully don't won't encroach on anyone's spot.

Thank y'all for clearing all that up!

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisVonDanger View Post
        Oh I read through it, I was just surpised that there was a public place to hunt deer without having to be drawn.

Oh and at GD47: Definitely not gonna walk and stalk, I'll be bringing a climber and a good set of binocs so I hopefully don't won't encroach on anyone's spot.

FYI, you'd be better off with a lock-on and sticks. Not many straight trees out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
          FYI, you'd be better off with a lock-on and sticks. Not many straight trees out there.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that instead.

Comment

Somerville WMA 2017-18

And I hear there’s been some good deer seen around Flag Pond [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will be out there tomorrow morning for my first hunt there since December of 2015. Gonna be a cold and exciting sit!

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
                Will be out there tomorrow morning for my first hunt there since December of 2015. Gonna be a cold and exciting sit!
                Or boring, lol

Comment

Or boring, lol

If that hunt goes like my last 3 sits... it’ll be boring. Lol

Comment

Or boring, lol

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                    If that hunt goes like my last 3 sits... it’ll be boring. Lol

I got some spare optimism back at home if you guys are running low, lol. Cold fronts will always get me pumped!

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
                      I got some spare optimism back at home if you guys are running low, lol. Cold fronts will always get me pumped!
                      Yeah definately could use some after 8 sits out there, lol. But cold front will at least make it comfortable.

Comment

All weekend I sat for a total of 13 hrs between sat morning and Sunday morning and afternoon and no a single animal with 4 legs walked don't matter of you hunt a arcorn tree or a beat down trail they gone lol

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisVonDanger View Post

I use a pop up out there. but, I do agree with the other guys not a lot of trees that a climber will work on. best of luck on you're hunt

Comment

I’ll be back out there sometime in the next couple weeks. It’ll be my first sit of the season. Hopefully there’s something moving through there by then.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                              I’ll be back out there sometime in the next couple weeks. It’ll be my first sit of the season. Hopefully there’s something moving through there by then.
                              Better off turning on the outdoor channel lol

Comment

Ha!! Naahhhh. Just have to be there at the right time in the exact right place to ever see an animal. Unless all the newbies from opening weekend trampled through there scaring them all away.

Comment

Working...
                                X