Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drew for Laguna Atascosa archery #1. Any tips for Nilgai???

Comment

Put in for several hunts, so far only got picked for LRGV NWR East Lake. Deer hunt. Shotgun or muzzle loader only hunt.

Comment

Deer at grapevine lake. Got it.

Comment

I was drawn for GDE at Enchanted Rock late January. 5 deer limit. The first 5 does better look out.

Comment

Originally posted by TexRN View Post
            I drew for Laguna Atascosa archery #1. Any tips for Nilgai???
            Yes... shoot them in the vitals. LOL!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
              See you at lanwr. That's the only archery hunt I drew for but I drew for three other gun hunts. Looking to be a good season.
              Man this blows me away. You guys need to buy lotto tickets. I have put in for hunts for 13 years and 20 plus hunts a year and have only be drawn now twice. Archery Enchanted Rock 2 years ago and now finally a gun hunt this year at Devil's River. I must be doing something wrong and Y'all must be living right. Do ya'll work? or Just hunt all winter long?

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                Man this blows me away. You guys need to buy lotto tickets. I have put in for hunts for 13 years and 20 plus hunts a year and have only be drawn now twice. Archery Enchanted Rock 2 years ago and now finally a gun hunt this year at Devil's River. I must be doing something wrong and Y'all must be living right. Do ya'll work? or Just hunt all winter long?
                I get just as surprised at people saying they never get drawn. My son and I have been applying for years and get drawn for at least one every year.

Comment

Anyone else get drawn for the GDE at Enchanted Rock in late January?

Comment

Have the 2nd draws for sept. 15th started hitting anyones account today?

Comment

Without a doubt, I feel extremely fortunate and lucky. I've just started applying for myself last year, adding my father and others. In my youth, my father would apply for us as kids, I went on a youth at Daughtery(passed way too many great bucks in hopes for the "monster 13 pt they told us to wait for"), and once at Aransas.

I work more than 60 hours a week, all year, up to 100 at times. I don't take time off, but when I get a drawn hunt, I do. (TIP: Put your boss on the applications)

I do need to buy a lotto ticket, that may fix this working issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                        I get just as surprised at people saying they never get drawn. My son and I have been applying for years and get drawn for at least one every year.
                        Same deal for us under the old paper system, thats about to end with the new system my friend, point creep is about to get real, once u use up those preference points get ready for a 5 year rolling average to get drawn regardless of how many dozens of hunts you pay to put in for.
                        Last edited by bossbowman; 09-25-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Devils River Hunt

I got drawn for Devils River SNA - Dan Allen Hughes Unit. Anyone been there? Thanks
                          Your going to have a blast, probably one of the top hunts TPWD offers, hopefully deer will be rutting. Rattle, glass and pack water. Look for deer 140's plus.

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                            Put in for several hunts, so far only got picked for LRGV NWR East Lake. Deer hunt. Shotgun or muzzle loader only hunt.
                            You going to muzzle or shotgun? Picked up a H&R/NEF? rifled 12ga single shot integrated scope mount when Gander went out of business. It was $125! Couldn't even buy a barrel for that price. Found out all H&R/NEF have been discontinued. Been wanting to try out some Winchester sabots.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                              Without a doubt, I feel extremely fortunate and lucky. I've just started applying for myself last year, adding my father and others. In my youth, my father would apply for us as kids, I went on a youth at Daughtery(passed way too many great bucks in hopes for the "monster 13 pt they told us to wait for"), and once at Aransas.

I work more than 60 hours a week, all year, up to 100 at times. I don't take time off, but when I get a drawn hunt, I do. (TIP: Put your boss on the applications)

I do need to buy a lotto ticket, that may fix this working issue.
                              Too cool............Now go get that lotto ticket and give the boss a heads up you will be resigning soon. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                Same deal for us under the old paper system, thats about to end with the new system my friend, point creep is about to get real, once u use up those preference points get ready for a 5 year rolling average to get drawn regardless of how many dozens of hunts you pay to put in for.

Is point creep really going to be that bad? Since preference points are really just extra entries in the raffle they don't make it all that much more likely to draw.

Using the GDE Chap hunt as an example. Last year there were 4,578 applicants. There are only 26 spots available year and five points doesn't up your odds significantly compared to 1.

Having those extra chances are nice, but they aren't a guarantee of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X