No announcement yet.

Juco Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could hear more abour howard college baseball, but I have to wait on reports from my brother. My nephew is a middle infielder for them. This is his path so far Texas Tech,Howard and will be headed to Sam Houston when school let's our this year.

Comment

My nephew recently signed with Blinn. Actually headed to watch him play tonight. Waxahachie vs Mansfield Timberview.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
        My nephew recently signed with Blinn. Actually headed to watch him play tonight. Waxahachie vs Mansfield Timberview.
        Congrats to your nephew! Blinn has sent a lot of players up to 4-year and pro levels. Very nice stadium and setting.

Comment

Thanks, they just finished are or are still working on a major facility upgrade.

Comment

Navarro update: split today's double header with Panola: lost the first game 9-1; won the second 3-1. So, Navarro leads Region XIV East. There will be another potential showdown series between these teams at the end of the season. Stay tuned!

My man, Eric pitched a 7-pitch, 1-hit inning in the first game, yielding no earned runs. His totals through 15 innings of relief: 1.20 ERA and .900 WHIP.

Comment

Slight clarification on Eric's inning. Came in with no out, runners at the corners. Got sac fly ( scored run), gave up hit ( advanced runner to 2nd), then got inning-ending ground ball double play. So, no earned runs. Season ERA 1.20; WHIP .933

Comment

Navarro still leads its conference -- Region XIV East, winning Thursday over Paris JC. Today's scheduled double-header is pushed back to Sunday, due to the wet field after Friday night's rains.

Navarro won Thursday's game versus Paris, 9-5. My submarine reliever son Eric pitched the 6th: facing 4 batters; striking out two, yielding no runs on 1 hit (a single), and assisting in a groundout for the final out of the inning. His season totals are as follows over 17.1 innings: ERA 1.038; WHIP .981; Earned Runs 2; Hits 9; K's 17.
                Last edited by tradtiger; 04-22-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Got the scoop on the Chris Davis longball discussion. Talked to "Pops", who has helped out coaching at Navarro for over two decades. He said he was coaching first base when Davis hit, not one, but two homeruns on top of the Corsicana Mini Mall (something like that). By the way, I did step off the distance from the right field fence to the building: 49 paces, so our 50-yard estimate was close enough for government work. Anyway, Pops said that both dingers went out over the 380-foot part of the field. The first one hit an AC unit about 10 or 15 feet in from the edge of the roof, while the second one hit a unit with an angled grate situated about 75 feet from the edge of the building. So the math would be 380+150+10=540 feet for the shorter first homer; while the second would be 380+150+75=605 feet for a monstrous moonshot. Pops noted how high Davis always hit the ball. He also recollected the homer that Salth2o mentioned during the Mt. Pleasant Region XIV tournament, hitting the light structure.
                  I'm going to have to call BS. Because now you need to add I. The footage for getting the ball on the roof. Another 20 to 50 feet on both of those distances. Also read an article showing were ESPN went back with home run tracker to some of the longest home runs in MLB history and measured them with their software. Low single digit 500's was a majority of the ones hit. Back when they were originally hit everyone was guessing upper 500's and 600's. Kind of like the 300 lbs pigs posted on here. When they are truly weighed 200 would be way more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                    I'm going to have to call BS. Because now you need to add I. The footage for getting the ball on the roof. Another 20 to 50 feet on both of those distances. Also read an article showing were ESPN went back with home run tracker to some of the longest home runs in MLB history and measured them with their software. Low single digit 500's was a majority of the ones hit. Back when they were originally hit everyone was guessing upper 500's and 600's. Kind of like the 300 lbs pigs posted on here. When they are truly weighed 200 would be way more accurate.
                    Don't have to believe the farthest distance, but minimum is 530 to the edge of the building, according to marked fence and actual paces by me. Estimate onto roof is from first-person eyewitness. Also, don't forget, balls were hit with aluminum bats before they were deadened in recent years.

Comment

Update on Region XIV East: After Navarro and Panola each dropped one game in their respective series with Paris and Northeast, Navarro maintains it's one game lead in the East Zone. These two will wrap up the last week of the season with a head-to-head matchup. At stake are seedings for the Regional tournament in Grand Prairie at Air Hawgs Stadium, May 12-16.

My son tossed another 2.2 innings without allowing a run. Discovered possible discrepancy in ERA calculation: in 20 innings he has either allowed 2 earned runs or 3 earned runs for either .90 or 1.35, depending on source (Gamechanger or Region XIV)

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        I hunt with Skip Johnson who was the head beisbol coach there for a long time and Chris Davis that plays for Baltimore and played for Skip at Navarro. Skip said that Chris hit a ball on top of the mall there in right field at Corsicana. I always claimed BS on that one Take a look out there and see what you think about that legend next time your there.
                        Chris has hit a few big flies in his time though!
                        Fun fact of the day. I believe the ball was hit off GClyde28 on here when he pitched for San jac

Comment

Region 14 East comes down to best two out of three between Navarro and Panola, and Navarro won the first game at home yesterday. The teams play two at Panola (Carthage) Saturday. At stake is the top seeding in the Region 14 tournament, starting May 13 at Air Hawgs Stadium in Grand Prairie. Yesterday's game was tied at 1, going into the 5th inning, when Panola got a two-run homer to take a 3-1 lead. The Bulldogs' Jacob Walker answered in the bottom of the inning with an opposite field 3-run blast on an 0-2 pitch to take the lead. Navarro later added on to win 9-3.

My son Eric didn't pitch yesterday, but has quietly gone through his 23.3 innings of relief without yielding a single earned run in conference play, and only 2 this year for an ERA of .761 and a Batting Average Against of .157 to go with his 24 Ks.

Comment

Update on East Conference: Panola took the series over Navarro, winning both games Saturday (8-3, 9-5). The Bulldogs lost a 5-0 lead midway through the second game, as Panola hit a couple of big flies to prevail. So, Panola wins the East Conference, and will face Blynn in their first-round game of the Region 14 tournament next week, while Navarro will match up with Alvin to start the tourney.

Son Eric pitched another inning without yielding an earned run to lower his ERA to .730 over 24.2 innings, giving up only 2 earned runs all year while striking out 25 for a Batting Average Against of .163. Making plans and visits to 4-year schools as well. Finding that good grades are helpful for the All-Conference Academic Honoree, as some schools are offering to waive out-of-state tuition rates on the basis of high grades. Mention this for other athlete parents to use in motivating their players to study and keep up their grades.

Comment

Congrats to San Jacinto for winning the Region XIV tournament in Grand Prairie. They defeated Navarro in the championship game last week. San Jac will move on to the JUCO World Series in Grand Junction, Colorado. Good luck to them.

Son Eric pitched another 6.2 innings in three games, yielding no runs and only 2 hits. Season totals are: 31 innings, with 31 Ks and a season ERA of .581 and Batting Average Against of .151.

Comment

Some things never change with SanJac winning

Comment

Working...
                                X