Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need KILLER wild boar back strap recipe..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need KILLER wild boar back strap recipe..

so i've tried making wild boar back strap before and while it's eatable .. it's not great ... i was wondering if some of you guys and gals have the mother of all recipe .. slap yo mama good recipe that really stand out as AWESOME .. and not just good or eatable ... i pulled the back strap of a 100 lbs hog the other day and stuck it in the freezer for my next weekend with friends ...

i'd like to make a dish that really stands out ... there is allot of info on this forum , but it's hard to sort out what ends up fantastic ...

so if you have a link to a recipe , or want to post a killer recipe .. please do...

and i'll try to reproduce it , take pics and give feedback on how good it ended up ...

thanks in advance!!!

I would do it just like a venison backstrap. Cajun rub, stuff it with pepper jack cheese and boudin, wrap in bacon and grill away

Comment

Chicken fried is hard to beat. Better than venison imo. Other than that, I would try cutting 3/4" steaks out of it and pan searing pork steaks. Salt, pepper and dried thyme (not ground but the leaves I guess it is) and a lil olive oil to make that stick. I would imagine that would be just as good as any other pork steak which is pretty hard to beat.

Comment

Stuff it with cream cheese and jalapeƱos, wrap it with bacon and smoke it. Don't over cook it. Once again don't over cook it.

Comment

Canadian bacon, brine it like a ham and smoke it

Comment

First problem is you are using a boar!

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
              First problem is you are using a boar!
              yeah well ...anybody can make beef taste good ...

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                I would do it just like a venison backstrap. Cajun rub, stuff it with pepper jack cheese and boudin, wrap in bacon and grill away
                This over pecan wood. Ain't anything better

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  yeah well ...anybody can make beef taste good ...
                  Point I was trying to make was use a shoat or a sow!

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                    Point I was trying to make was use a shoat or a sow!
                    ah ok ... i shoot them all ... just so happens it seems there are more boars than sows on my place ...

sow definitely taste a little better , no testosterone ...

not looking for a normal meal , but something more like a chef dish that would blow your doors off ...

i saw a youtube video of Gordon Ramsey , trying to hunt .. (he failed and ended up using a pig in a trap) then cooking it ... just wondering what a 4 star chef would do to prepare wild boar ...

Comment

schnitzel is what I've been wanting to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                        Stuff it with cream cheese and jalapeƱos, wrap it with bacon and smoke it. Don't over cook it. Once again don't over cook it.
                        This

Comment

Don't have to go exotic to be great

Cast iron skillet browned and cooked medallions, home made saurkraut, spatzle

Comment

I don't know about anything fancy but I do know that chicken fried steaks from a feral hog is mighty hard to beat! Also using some teriyaki marinade and letting it soak and then throwing it on the grill low and slow is darn good too!. And then on the big boars my grandma makes some pulled pork out of it that will make you eat until you can't walk! Haha I've never noticed anything negative about eating boars though. Even the ones in the 250 to 300lb range. But I've always quartered them up and had them on ice within about an hour of them hitting the dirt

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X