No announcement yet.

Chaparral WMA - Archery - Jan 2nd - 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was down this last weekend for the Epostcard and they said someone had saw a group of 7 on the last hunt on the west side... but that's it for the year...

I had the entire Rosindo pasture to myself and hunted that same drainage but in the old tripod that was just south of that elevated box stand that was posted the first night and got a javi... saw a lot of deer and a yote also. I set up a tripod on the far west drainage right when you come into the pasture and took a 7yr old doe there... continued to see many many deer along with 3 nice mature bucks 2 of which I am almost certain were posted earlier in this thread.

Great place this was my first drawn hunt in 8 years and the first time I put in for this epostcard

Comment

This was one of them for sure.. he was my favorite lots of character and a brute of a deer

Comment

This was another

Comment

Can hardly see it was a good ways and only had my phone lol but you can see antlers outside both sides of his head

Comment

Comment

Sorry pic is rough but they made us gut them before bringing everything in

Comment

Originally posted by Navasot View Post
                I was down this last weekend for the Epostcard and they said someone had saw a group of 7 on the last hunt on the west side... but that's it for the year...

I had the entire Rosindo pasture to myself and hunted that same drainage but in the old tripod that was just south of that elevated box stand that was posted the first night and got a javi... saw a lot of deer and a yote also. I set up a tripod on the far west drainage right when you come into the pasture and took a 7yr old doe there... continued to see many many deer along with 3 nice mature bucks 2 of which I am almost certain were posted earlier in this thread.

Great place this was my first drawn hunt in 8 years and the first time I put in for this epostcard
                Ol' Nav, where you been?! you have any luck at your house this year?

i actually drew the late bow hunt down there this year but only put in for the Chap because i knew i wouldnt be able to go but still wanted the point...figures.
                Last edited by jshouse; 01-18-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  anyone see any warthogs? wonder if they are still around down there?
                  We saw a group of 6-7 of them. One BIG boy. We made a move on them and almost got one, but they busted us at the last second...

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                    We saw a group of 6-7 of them. One BIG boy. We made a move on them and almost got one, but they busted us at the last second...
                    What pasture were you in?

Comment

Working...
                    X