Mountain Lion Encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
    Sir, I’d like to know what your brother was wearing, was he in a blind, tips, tricks and details.

Just sitting on the ground. Not sure if he was wearing ABU’s or actual hunting clothing, but it was a hot day here today so probably not completely covered. I’ll ask him.

Comment

I see most of my game sitting on the ground to include cats, just wondering his color scheme. Many times I wear something like a light top and dark bottom or desert patterns. I hunted many times with a tank top. I usually will sit open tall grass or brushtops.

Comment

Very cool. I had one at about 18-20 yards when I was bow hunting. It will make your heart pump for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Very cool. I had one at about 18-20 yards when I was bow hunting. It will make your heart pump for sure.
          Boy does it, I always tell my wife one day either a big cat or turkey will give me a heart attack then the hogs will eat me.

Comment

Did he shoot it in the nose with an awesome new sight he made?

Comment

I would have shat my pants

Comment

Very cool. Glad your brother had the sense to put down the camera and get his muzzle-loader ready.

Comment

"He's coming right at me!!!"...BOOM!!!!!!

In all seriousness I'd be making a trip back out there with a predator call when its legal to shoot that sucker.

Comment

That's why I hate public land. Other hunters always tromping around my good spot running off all my game! [emoji6]
                    Cat has no ethics

pray for rain

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      "He's coming right at me!!!"...BOOM!!!!!!

In all seriousness I'd be making a trip back out there with a predator call when its legal to shoot that sucker.
                      And, in all seriousness, no season on self defense.

Comment

Well, if your brother would’ve had one of them fancy EZV muzzle loader sights he could’ve used it to save his life

Comment

Beautiful animals.
                          We've got a bunch of black ones in East Texas though .

Comment

That’s a little close for sure. Cool video Keith.

Comment

Dang, that is a very cool encounter. Cant imagine what all was going through his mind sitting there look face to face with that cat. Way cool.

Comment

That's awesome, I would love to have that encounter, much less get it in video! Lots of guys go their entire lives without ever seeing one in the wild.

Even if he didn't shoot anything on this trip, that video is a trophy itself!

Comment

Working...
                                X