Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

busted

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    Very cool! Now they just need to do a spellcheck on "protein".
    Haha I saw this right after finishing the video.. I just was too lazy to fix it and go through all the converting and what not and just hoped no one would notice.. THanks a lot !!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      That's a very cool concept and it will work BUT that sheet metal those thing are made of wouldn't not last on our place.. We have a few VERY big, strong, and destructive coons that would eventually get frustrated and destroy that hood..
      We shall see. I’m going to put a GC on on it on video mode from day one and see what transpires. I am in no way affiliated with the company and if it gets torn up then I will post those results. I have a pure coon infestation and about 25 coons that are used to eating protein 24-7... This should be a good litmus test to the functionality and durability of this product. If it works, then SWEET, and if not, then oh well, but the results will be posted on this thread and will be true and honest as to what my findings are.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
        We shall see. I’m going to put a GC on on it on video mode from day one and see what transpires. I am in no way affiliated with the company and if it gets torn up then I will post those results. I have a pure coon infestation and about 25 coons that are used to eating protein 24-7... This should be a good litmus test to the functionality and durability of this product. If it works, then SWEET, and if not, then oh well, but the results will be posted on this thread and will be true and honest as to what my findings are.
        If the coons wanted to they could jump around on it for months on end and maybe something would eventually give, however, from what we have seen, they try to get to the feed the first few days then realize it aint worth it and give up..

Comment

Originally posted by HadenP View Post
          Haha I saw this right after finishing the video.. I just was too lazy to fix it and go through all the converting and what not and just hoped no one would notice.. THanks a lot !!
          Sorry man, I do the final review of documents for a medical device company. I get paid to notice stuff like that!!

Comment

Do you build any that fit on krivoman protein feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
              Do you build any that fit on krivoman protein feeder?
              http://www.krivomanoutdoors.com/feeders/
              We don't have a model yet but I think It could be done. do they all have the timer box or are any of them free flow?

Comment

I got a chance to meet the guys at the Coonhood booth at Hunter's Extravaganza in San Antonio. Cool guys and a really neat product!

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
                  How much do they cost? I have a texas hunter ez fill, and they stand on the ground and can barely reach the feed.
                  I spoke in detail with the owner and I was considering buying a new feeder before I was told that custom hoods could be made to fit my current feeder. Prices varied between $50-$90 each hood, depending on which feeder it was made for. If they work as advertised, I should make up the money in wasted feed, in just a couple feeder fills. We shall see what happens....

Comment

It's a great idea and I don't see how it wouldn't work and save us a bunch of money. I'll order a set to try.

Comment

Originally posted by HadenP View Post
                      We don't have a model yet but I think It could be done. do they all have the timer box or are any of them free flow?
                      No, mine don't have the timer box, but are shaped the same way.

Comment

Working as advertised! Great Product!! Coons don't hardly bother anymore.
                        Attached Files

Comment

New approach to massive COON PROBLEM

Got home to find my box of CoonHoods had arrived!
                          Got them unpacked and construction looks good. The springs used were more heavy duty than I had expected and anytime that’s the case it makes me smile.
                          If I had to pick both a positive and a negative aspect to review upon first impressions, here’s what they would be:

POSITIVE: They look to be very strong and the way the sheet metal is bent and welded makes me believe they will stand the test of time. It looks as if all the parts as well as metal used could have been built out of smaller/thinner components but the company decided to go bigger/thicker and that’s an attribute that I respect and look for in anything I buy.
                          I also want to say that this set of CoonHoods was custom made for my homemade feeder. That options opens up this product for just about anyone, at least while they are still small enough to take on individual jobs like that.

NEGATIVE: I would say that the paint used looks thin and not well adhered. Looks as if the sheet metal used may be slick galvanized so that would make sense. Most people wouldn’t give this a second thought, but I’m a paint guy and will probably wipe them down with acetone and shoot them with a rattle can of self-etching primer/paint. Other than that, I have zero negative things to say about the product at first glance.

I still have a few weeks before we head west to fill feeders, but will be installing them with 2 game cameras (one on pic mode and one on video) pointed their way.
                          I’m hoping this is the solution to my coon issues for good. Time will tell.

I will be reviewing how easy they are to install, to get set right, and then obviously how they perform on the feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by TXBRASS; 01-27-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I spoke to haden and ordered four for my all seasons feeder, very mice person to deal with they didn’t have a design for the all seasons but I sent him pics and measurements and they should have my set made by end of February can’t wait,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh I’m so ordering a set of these. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Deer have no problem getting adjusted to the coon hoods. Started feeding protein about 3 weeks ago and Coons don’t bother climbing on feeder anymore. Very rarely see coons on camera also. I’m a very happy customer!!

Comment

Working...
                                X