Rifle accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle accuracy

What do you consider acceptable to hunt with? I see people saying that they used "x" brand of bullet and it shot 1.5" group but they are not happy. Just wondering what y'alls opinions are.

Thanks

I am talking about strictly a hunting rifle.

Comment

I never have measured a group. If I can hit a golf ball at 100 yards it's good. If holes are touching or close to it,it's good.

Comment

Less than an inch for me.

Comment

How far do you plan to shoot? Group size at what distance? What are you hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
            I am talking about strictly a hunting rifle.
            Really depends on the rifle. I'm very happy shooting 1 to 2" groups with my 30/30 but my .308 shoots less than 1" all day. What caliber are we talking about?

Comment

Sub MOA and if I can’t get a gun there with factory ammo.....then I get rid of the gun. With today’s technology there’s no good reason why a gun shouldn’t be sub MOA.

Comment

No specific caliber, shooting deer, hogs, varmints. 250yds or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                  Sub MOA and if I can’t get a gun there with factory ammo.....then I get rid of the gun. With today’s technology there’s no good reason why a gun shouldn’t be sub MOA.
                  X1000

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

100 yards three shots, one ragged hole. 200 yards 1" or less. But as mentioned above, that's my bolt action rifles. For my 30/30 or 357 lever guns 2" at 100 will work.

Comment

Definitely Sub MOA. A 1.5” group at 100 can easily be 4-5” group at 250

Comment

Simple answer is accurate enough you can keep all bullets in the vitals of the game you are after at the intended range. I have killed deer with old lever actions that would not do less than 4 inch groups on a given day but kept in their accuracy range limitations they worked fine.

Learn through practice limitations of the system that consists if you, the gun and the ammo. Stay within those limitations and all is good.

Had a Kentucky 45 caliber rifle put together from a kit that with the sights and my eyes 70 yards was my max range yet it killed deer just fine with a patched round ball by keeping all shots where I was comfortable hunting with it. .

Comment

A 4” group at 250 yards still kills anything except a prairie dog. I killed many deer in my youth with a Rem 742 in 30-06. They were well known to not shoot tight groups. Some of those deer were 200 yd. plus. That said, the .280 I use now shoots tight groups and that’s good !

Comment

this^^^^^^

Comment

Any caliber at or less than an 1in @100yd for me. Only exception would be 22lr or other rimfire rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X