Up to $1000 what would you get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to $1000 what would you get

Had to sell my deer rifle with Leupold scope a couple years ago to make ends meet when I had to stop working for a few months for medical reasons. Now we are doing better, so the wife says to get me a new rifle to replace the one I sold. So what rifle/scope combo would you get up to $1000.

$1000. American Ruger 6.5 creedmore. Leupold rings. Burris 4-16-50mm scope and a couple boxs of shells! Probably have a $100 left over. Adjust the trigger to 2.25 lbs. easily. Drive tacks.

Comment

Weatherby Vanguard of your choice and scope of your choice

Comment

savage pt-sr 308 from academy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN4Rl2JAbSo

Comment

I’m glad you are doing better and able to replace your gun. Savage model 10 or 11 in any flavor you like.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
            I’m glad you are doing better and able to replace your gun. Savage model 10 or 11 in any flavor you like.
            yes, that savage pt-sr is a model 10! dude its a great gun! just go check the reviews on academy website. its even more fun suppressed.

Comment

6.5x284 Savage

Comment

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
                Had to sell my deer rifle with Leupold scope a couple years ago to make ends meet when I had to stop working for a few months for medical reasons. Now we are doing better, so the wife says to get me a new rifle to replace the one I sold. So what rifle/scope combo would you get up to $1000.
                do you reload or you buying factory ammo for bulk stores?

Comment

I would hit some pawn shops and look in the classifieds and find a decent used gun in a fairly standard caliber, and save a bunch of money. Hell with a little effort you could probably get a good rifle and pistol for a grand

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                    do you reload or you buying factory ammo for bulk stores?
                    Ammo from bulk store

Comment

The gun I had before was a Savage Axis .243 with a Leupold VX-3 3-9x40

Comment

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
                        The gun I had before was a Savage Axis .243 with a Leupold VX-3 3-9x40

you poor *******! i have one in 22-250, great gun for the price but man there is so much more out there!

Comment

I'm liking the Savage 11 Trophy Hunter with the accutrigger it comes with a Nikon 3-9x40 scope. Academy has it for $490

Comment

Cabelas has a Savage Varmint 12FV in 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor for $419.00 plus Savage has a $100 mail in rebate for it right now. This particular variation is a Cabelas exclusive. I bought one in a 308 about 2 years ago before they offered it in 6.5 Creedmoor and it shoots great. I've shot it at steel out to 1000 yards and was supprised at what it did for factory rifle out of the box. The other option I would look at is Tikka rifles. Always heard good reviews about Tikka.

Comment

Tikka T3x Lite in 7mm-08 and ex-low Talley lightweight rings with Leupold Vx-3i 2.5-8x36

About $850 if you buy it right

Comment

Working...
                              X