Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear rifle stock support for shooting seated in a box blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear rifle stock support for shooting seated in a box blind?

I use a BOG bipod and the most stable, repeatable and quickly deployed point of contact on the stock for the yoke is right behind the pistol grip.
    Trouble is, I get a punch in the lip when I shoot, and that kind of sheeaat leads to flinching.
    What do y'all do?
    Is there some sort of connector for a carry-type bipod, like the BOG, perhaps with the bp yoke removed?

Ooh, I'm getting an idear!

Comment

Just buy a reaper grip and you’ll be set shooting seated or standing in the field. I have one and use it every time I blind hunt.

Comment

have used this method for years with a Stoney Point bipod. great results.

Comment

I just got a Reaper tripod rest and shot off it at the range. It works pretty good. I was able to hold around 2 moa with it from a seated position. I kept thinking it would be prefect if I had some way to rest my right arm on something solid. I'll be using it for hunting out of a ground blind. It is very nice to have the rifle held by the rest, ready to go.

Comment

I usually just put a rear shooting bag on the chair arm rest and rest my right elbow on it with buttstock in my shoulder pocket. I have held minute of coyotes head at 400 yards this way.

Comment

I use a pig saddle from hog saddle, it's the cheaper one they offer. Links below are the best options. Also, try to load the bipod when shooting, but a little pressure forward on it.

THE ORIGINAL TRIPOD SADDLE Designed by a Marine Scout Sniper and OIF Veteran, tripod systems tailored to special operations, PRS shooters, and the modern outdoorsman. BUY NOW " A GREAT HUNTING COMPANION Effortlessly maintain your rifle’s sights across a field or hillside waiting for that trophy buck. Maximize your ability to make

Kopfjager is committed to strengthening the accuracy of precision riflemen while reducing fatigue with its top-tier shooting rests, tripods and other fire-assistive products.

Comment

Originally posted by brown dogs View Post
                have used this method for years with a Stoney Point bipod. great results.
                This looks like it has potential. May have to put bedding compound around the base for a rear stock atrachment.

Comment

I'll look into the reaper grip.
                  I was previously aware of the hog saddle, but it's not cheap.
                  Thanks for the replies.

Comment

This is a 4x4 box blind over looking a 700 yard long wheat field. Very steady and cheap but it does make it a single person blind only, not that a 4x4 blind is comfortable with 2 people anyways. Not shown in the picture is a pad I use under the buttstock to adjust height by squeezing it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I like that, Whiplash!

Comment

I prefer chairs without arm rests in my stands.

When/if needed I'll sit with the back to my right side so I can rest my elbow on the back of the chair

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          I prefer chairs without arm rests in my stands.

When/if needed I'll sit with the back to my right side so I can rest my elbow on the back of the chair
                          I just had a thought for when you're in a pinch.
                          Turn your chair around and use the back rest for a support.

Comment

Keep your bag or jacket in your lap for arm steady. I had problem with shooting in a blind when I started hunting and learned the backpack or jacket will keep you just that much more steady when making those long shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a Primos trigger stick under the stock. Very easy to adjust up or down if needed. Use a bag on the front window ledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X