• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Yes you do... it just has to have a stock and a barrel longer than 16"

Touche' sir.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      ^^^^^Ditto

I also don't think a biz owner should have to do all that 30.06 and 30.07 mess.

Just a simple NO GUNS ALLOWED sign should suffice

Just like a simple NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE sign suffices.

I don't care if you carry, just don't do it in MY STORE

If I had a dog and a business had a NO PETS/DOGS sign then I just wouldn't bring my dog there

The signs were a way to allow both sides their rights. I don't have a problem with the signs. Just shows where I'm not welcome so I try not to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        The signs were a way to allow both sides their rights. I don't have a problem with the signs. Just shows where I'm not welcome so I try not to go.
        Ditto

Comment

Not much to learn in a CHL class

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            ^^^^^Ditto

I also don't think a biz owner should have to do all that 30.06 and 30.07 mess.
            Just a simple NO GUNS ALLOWED sign should suffice
            Just like a simple NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE sign suffices.
            I don't care if you carry, just don't do it in MY STORE

If I had a dog and a business had a NO PETS/DOGS sign then I just wouldn't bring my dog there
            Legis did the 30.06 and 30.07 to eliminate confusion and future problems with "I didnt see the sign", or "I thought it said no smoking", etc. Hard to say you missed a 30.06/07 sign.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

many of the ones that shouldn't be carrying today are carrying today without a permit anyway

Comment

Felons have lost that constitutional right. If you're a law abiding non-felon then people should be able to protect themselves. Whatever that means. Especially these days with all the crazy crap going on in this country. Prime example just happened in Florida at that airport. The whacko was the only one with a gun. How many people died waiting on someone with a gun to stop a man with a gun. That's what the 2nd amendment is to me these days And any law restricting it should be viewed the same as any law restricting freedom of speech. Yet it is not! A CHL is only a way for the government to regulate or control your rights. You don't need a license to speak. You shouldn't need a license to carry.
                Last edited by Arrowslinger1; 01-10-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                  Felons have lost that constitutional right. If you're a law abiding non-felon then people should be able to protect themselves. Whatever that means. Especially these days with all the crazy crap going on in this country. Prime example just happened in Florida at that airport. The whacko was the only one with a gun. How many people died waiting on someone with a gun to stop a man with a gun. That's what the 2nd amendment is to me these days And any law restricting it should be viewed the same as any law restricting freedom of speech. Yet it is not! A CHL is only a way for the government to regulate or control your rights. You don't need a license to speak. You shouldn't need a license to carry.

I agree.

Comment

I don't have a CHL license and never will. I do have the 2nd amendment.

Comment

X2!

Comment

I agree, but the 2nd amendment is so much more than just self defense even today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          I don't have a CHL license and never will. I do have the 2nd amendment.

In theory I agree 100% with you.

In reality don't get caught carrying a handgun on your person without one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Not much to learn in a CHL class

Wow. Didn't realize we had so many penal code experts on here.

Who knew?!

Comment

A few of you have more faith in humanity than I do. There's a bunch of people in this world that just don't have a clue. A couple of the people in my 15 member class this last Sunday didn't pass the shooting portion for GOOD reason, they were just awful! No business with a firearm...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
                                A few of you have more faith in humanity than I do. There's a bunch of people in this world that just don't have a clue. A couple of the people in my 15 member class this last Sunday didn't pass the shooting portion for GOOD reason, they were just awful! No business with a firearm...

So just because someone isn't a proficient shooter nullifies their constitutional right to own and carry a handgun?

Comment

Working...
                                X