No announcement yet.

No CHL in Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont have a permit and been holding off getting one for many years because i do not believe i should need one.

Comment

I'm all for it.The only issue I see is if traveling to another state.(If national reciprosity passes.)

DJ

Comment

If you have taken the class you know what a joke it is anyway

Comment

When I lived in Co I had to do a lot of work in Montana which was open carry no permit and you know they were just as polite as can be everywhere I went! Across one state line and they were jerks with only CHL carry allowed! Seems people act a little more respectful when they know most around them are armed!!

Comment

No CHL in Texas???

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            I'm not a fan of jumping through hoops in order to defend my life and those of my family. The founders never intended anything more out of a free people than to protect you and yours. Obviously, criminals have no license. Aren't we at least as good as them ?

For me it's not about jumping through hoops. I learned a lot of great info that I hadn't even thought about before when I took my LTC class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              I know.
              Originally posted by PSE_TX View Post
              For me it's not about jumping through hoops. I learned a lot of great info that I hadn't even thought about before when I took my LTC class

With all due respect, all I learned was the laws concerning a legal defense scenario, which is pretty well just common sense anyway. As mentioned above, the process is a joke.

Comment

I know the laws and have common sense don't have a chl refuse to contribute to a b/s law i will defend myself and family if need be and deal with unlawful carry afterwards
                Too much info maybe

Comment

Originally posted by PSE_TX View Post
                  To me it makes as much sense as allowing someone to drive without getting their license. Not a fan of carrying without a permit. Just my opinion though

Quite a difference between a State controlled privilege vs a constitutional right wouldn't you say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                    This. The class is a complete joke and waste of time and money. A lady at my class was hitting targets next to hers and needed help clearing several limp wristing jams. She still got a license.

Comment

So anyone can buy a gun (that passes background), but you need to have a license to carry it out of the house....

Yeah, I hope it passes. I will still keep my concealed carry license, but to me it makes since to be able to constitutionally carry.

I think it maks since to have people set down and think about the responsibility of having the power to conceal carry a weapon for 8-10 hours on a Saturday to obtain a license. I think it made since to have people qualify to shoot to be able to carry. But my desire to have less government in out business makes the most since to me.

Comment

A lisence is nothing more than a way for the government to make you buy back a freedoms they took away.

It won't pass because of the loss of revenue stream into the government coffers.

Comment

States that already have constitutional carry are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho (residents only), Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming (residents only).

States with limited permit-less...Montana (outside city limits), New Hampshire (unloaded weapon, loaded magazine), Oklahoma (residents of constitutional carry states).

22 states are currently petitioning constitutional carry.

gun control, right to carry, CCW permits, CHL permits, handgun permit, handgun license, reciprocity, gun laws, books, gun law books, gun books, author, Alan Korwin, Bloomfield Press, questions about firearms laws, gun control, state gun laws, federal gun laws, gun rights, lawyers, firearms laws, firearm regulations, state firearm laws, federal firearm laws, gun regulations

Lastly...Texas already has a form of permit-less carry with the castle doctrine passed in 2007. you can carry in your vehicle without a permit. It is considered part of your domicile.

I am for our "FREEDOM" to carry without a permit. I will likely keep my permit for hassle free gun purchases.
                          Last edited by Physhstyx; 01-10-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post

So you knew the penal code laws regarding trespassing and deadly force before your class?

I have no shame admitting I didn't. Before your class did you do due diligence to keep up with new laws regarding these items? I didn't.

To say the class is a joke is disingenuous. I don't believe the shooting qualification shoot even be a requirement. They should do nothing more than teach you the laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Quite a difference between a State controlled privilege vs a constitutional right wouldn't you say?

You are 100% correct. But I still believe that people should be educated on carrying a gun just like they should be on driving a car. I think the best solution would be to take a class and at the end of the class you're immediately issued a permit instead of dealing with the state. Because I also agree that the current process is not ideal

Comment

I'm not sure what this changes. We already have the right to carry and to defend ourselves, our homestead, our autos, our possessions etc. with or without a CHL. Honestly I do not see much of an advantage for getting my CHL except that I might learn something from a class (which is good).

Comment

Working...
                                X