Sweet Chipotle Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Chipotle Sausage

Well it looks like I will have to go and help the land owner again this weekend and shoot another 2 does. I guess I will have to make some more deer sausage.
    I had some deer sausage made at the Bellville meat market earlier this year and love the sweet chipotle sausage they make. I called them and they do not sell just the seasoning. I was wondering if anyone out there has a copy cat recipe?
    I googled it and found a couple, but not sure if it will be the same.
    Thanks

Dang. that sounds good.. Good luck with the sausage does... I'm after one more for jerky

Comment

Post it up here if you find it!

Comment

That sausage from Bellville is fantastic. I wish they sold the recipe.

Comment

My wife loves the Sweet sausage, i personally don't, but all their sausage is good!

Comment

Found this the thespicysaysage web page
            Chipotle Sausage

3-lbs ground pork
            2-lbs ground regular beef
            8-cloves garlic, minced
            1-tbsp fresh ground pepper
            5-tsp salt
            2-tbsp ground chipotle chili powder
            1-tsp cumin
            4-tsp paprika
            1/2-tsp sugar
            5-tsp liquid smoke (hickory flavor)
            1-tsp allspice
            1-cup parsley, finely chopped
            1-cup onions, finely chopped

Here is a You Tube

Learn how to mix the seasonings to make a hot and spicy chipotle sausage recipe with expert cooking tips in this free Creole cuisine video clip.Expert: Karl ...

Comment

We made 10 lbs of this ^^^ today. It's not Bellville Meat Market but it's dang close. Maybe cut back on the parsley a little.

Comment

Well that was enough seasoning for about quality small link.....seriously, that looks like a good recipe. I may have to make a few pounds myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I ended up going with the new Chipotle Sausage seasoning from Zach's spice company, I live close to there and was picking up some of my other spices. It was alright but not like Bellville. Thanks Stan R for the recipe. I will try this one next week after a MLD doe hunt.

Comment

I will have to look for the Zacks..

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin View Post
                      I ended up going with the new Chipotle Sausage seasoning from Zach's spice company, I live close to there and was picking up some of my other spices. It was alright but not like Bellville. Thanks Stan R for the recipe. I will try this one next week after a MLD doe hunt.
                      Let us know how it turns out! That sweet chipotle sausage sounds really good.

Comment

We've done chipotle/cheese before and it was pretty darn good. Just basically use chipotle peppers instead of jalapenos.

Comment

yum

Comment

I think they use honey powder as the sweetener.

Comment

I am a huge fan of Belleville sweet chipotle. I've driven the 1.5 hours there and then 1.5 hours back to buy some of the dried sausage and regular sausage in that flavor.

Comment

Working...
                              X