Buying LED Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

up
    Last edited by hunt247; 05-17-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
      Glad someone understood.

The same type bulb at 1000 bulbs was 14.99. Walmart price was .33 of that
      Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
      16/100. 16 watt bulbs producing light equivalent to a 100 watt standard bulb. Par 38 is the physical size and shape of bulb.

Wal-Mart bulbs were 5 dollars, 1000 bulbs were 33 cents a piece.

He is looking for some 75 watt equivalent because the 100's are too bright.

Got it?
      So who was cheaper?

Comment

I have tried some brands like Hyperikon that didn't last any longer than incandescent bulbs. The best luck I've had has been with Cree. I date them with a sharpie when I install them. Most of them have lasted well and they do stand behind their warranty if they go out prematurely.

Comment

There are a lot of poorly made LED'S on the market. If they have a poor reflector the light is very uneven. A clear vs refractive lens also makes them look uneven. The lowest price is often not the best deal.

Comment

I just put LED fluorescent lights in. They look like fluorescent bulbs, but there are LEDs inside. It wasn't expensive. I bought the light fixture and bulbs at Home Depot.

Comment

Amazon - All of these are tried and true, you will be very pleased.
              Hyperikon PAR38 LED (outdoor spot)
              Hyperikon BR40 LED (indoor can flood)
              Amico 4ft 4000 Lumens Linkable LED Shop Lights
              Philips LED Non-Dimmable A19

Color Temperature
              3000K matches yellow incandescent
              4000K is white, matches daylight
              6000K up will be blue-ish tint

Comment

I bought my LED bulbs from super bright LED online. I replaced all my security light bulbs, my inside can light bulbs and the bulbs in the travel trailer.They have been good so far.

Comment

anymore shop light suggestions?

Comment

Check out this link:
                    ********************************************* Best bang for the buck LED 4ft 2-lamp strip light as of 5/17/2019: (UL Listings verified for all bulbs) To make one 4ft strip light, you need 2 LED Bulbs and 1 LED Ready Fixture Housing: LED BULBS LEDMyplace WEN-T8-4FT-18WF(4000K) 48" 18W LED T8...

Platonic Solid, the member who posted the thread is a professional lighting designer. He suggests Maxlite fixtures and there are 3 4' bulb recommendations based on lumen output per dollar. He just did a lighting plan for my shop.

Comment

I replaced the 4 ft and 2 ft tube lights in our kitchen fixtures with the 2 and 4 ft LED fixtures from Home Depot. Strong white light and they come on instantly when you hit the switch. No more flickering and humming.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia...SABEgJDR_D_BwE

Comment

Working...
                      X