Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Cold weather doesn't give you the flu but it sure can affect the immune system and the respiratory system ....and if you are exposed to the virus, make you more susceptible. I just had a long conversation with my doctor about it two weeks ago at a checkup. His words not mine.
    This.

Comment

Cancel it. They'll be miserable, parents will be miserable and you'll be miserable. But who am I to talk. It's sleeting and we just pulled up to the 4h shotgun practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        No! Cold weather doesn’t give people flu or a cold. Get their snowflake asses out there.
        Actually it does, when the body is cold it diverts nutrients through blood flow to keep the body warm, this has an adverse effect on the body’s immune system and thus its ability to fight off infection

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          According to some on this thread ... eskimos are extinct.

Our team's 7u boys played tournament games till 8:30 last night and are just now taking the field today for brackets.

It can't be that cold, there are palm trees

Comment

Kids probably be ok , me not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              No! Cold weather doesn’t give people flu or a cold. Get their snowflake asses out there.
              True, but the sick ones start snotting/sneezing/coughing all over the place and touching other kids, so not so true :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                I'm amazed that the old wives tale of cold weather causing sickness is still so pervasive.
                Cold weather makes you snot more and if a person is sick, well.... makes sense that the wives tale is still alive and well.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                  Man, do kids up north just stay indoors 4 months every year? Does kids ski school kill thousands every year and I just didn't hear about it? Apparently, children getting exercise in groups at temps below 50 is fatal and and here I had no idea
                  It was 70 degrees two days ago, so you can't compare north to south. With that said, yes our kids would be out but they are used to the temps. I coached hockey, football, baseball and soccer up north.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                    Just say the practice isn't mandatory and let all parents know it is more of a meet and greet type of practice.
                    Sports parents are nuts! Lil JOHNNY won't make the team and will never get a D1 scholarship, if they miss first practice! They'll all be there :-)

Comment

Kids go sledding in the snow for hours, ski, ice skate, play hockey, etc..... for hours on end in much harsher conditions.
                      They all wear big coats and gloves too...you can't play baseball in that stuff. People hunt muskox in -40 temps, that doesn't mean you'd go swimming in it.

Comment

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Its not about the getting sick.. @ that age it is hard enough to get the kids attention on the game, much less when they are cold and miserable and just want to go home..

You can practice, but I highly doubt it will be productive..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

**** it you guys were right. It's not safe to play baseball in this cold. I am sitting in urgent care. I think I just broke my **** ankle playing catch in the front yard.

Comment

**** it you guys were right. It's not safe to play baseball in this cold. I am sitting in urgent care. I think I just broke my **** ankle playing catch in the front yard.
                            Didn't yo you see my thread from last Sunday?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Shake it off and get back in the game

Here's to hoping it's just a sprain.

Comment

Rub some dirt on it.

And fill the pot holes in your yard..[emoji1]

Comment

Working...
                                X