No announcement yet.

Costal skinny water chariot overhaul #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the help!!!! Looks like I will be carpeting the bunks.

It's cold and raining outside today so no visiable progress will be made today.....but I did order the last of the needed top coat and my steering system.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
      Thanks for all the help!!!! Looks like I will be carpeting the bunks.

It's cold and raining outside today so no visiable progress will be made today.....but I did order the last of the needed top coat and my steering system.

If you decide to ditch the pvc, let me know. I'm about to rebuild a Jon boat trailer.

Comment

Yes sir. Will do.

Comment

Thanks to the tbh brain trust I was able to avoid a costly mistake. The bunks are now carpeted.

And now here she sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

looking good

Comment

It was cold today!!! Too cold for paint or glass work so....got the entire topside rough sanded. Now I'm at a stand still until it's warm enough to do patch work.

Comment

Warrior!

Comment

Made a very temporary trailer now stop. I needed to secure the boat a little better. The bottom paint is so slick that the boat slides all over the trailer while working on it or dragging it around in the yard. I Also got the first round of topside hole filling done. Up next......more sanding.

Comment

Leave the hull like that with nothing on it slap a tiller handle motor on it and a cooler running length ways in the middle and call it good less is more on those little rigs. I have always wanted a little scooter like that kicking around the idea of building me a aluminum one.

Comment

^^^^let me know when you do. I can send you tunnel and boat specs if needed.

Only had an hour today but got the last of the topside holes, scrapes and nicks filled in. Next up is the last of the fiberglass ugly spot repairs.

Comment

Derrick if you don't like the carpet or when it starts to tear let me know. I have a couple rolls of fire hose in my shed. Works great. Also good for making bumpers or putting on pilings at the dock to protect your boat. We just stuff a pool noodle in and lag bolt the ends to the piling.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                          Derrick if you don't like the carpet or when it starts to tear let me know. I have a couple rolls of fire hose in my shed. Works great. Also good for making bumpers or putting on pilings at the dock to protect your boat. We just stuff a pool noodle in and lag bolt the ends to the piling.
                          I will keep that in mind. Thanks!!!!!!!

Comment

The slick boards would have been okay. I've had Teflon strips on my last 3 boats with no issues other than they slide off of the trailer really fast

Looks great! You're doing some great work.

Comment

Here is the second ugly spot. I took a cutoff wheel and cleaned it up a bit.

Comment

I then took a rag,knife blade and some acetone and cleaned it as best I could. The oval drain hole was a challenge. I took cardboard, rolled it up and stuffed a rag in it in. Then mixed up some "peanut butter". A thick resin mixture that is full of tiny pieces of cut up glass cloth. The mixture was then worked into the break with a Knife blade. 2 boards were wrapped in wax paper to keep them from being glassed to the boat. 2 clamps were applied in hopes of restoring the hull to its proper shape.

Never made a repair like this so maybe it will come out alright!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X