No announcement yet.

Need legal interpretation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post his name and picture so other leases don't get stuck with him.

Comment

Anyone who gives you an answer without reading the entire lease agreement is doing you a disservice. I’m glad you showed it to an attorney.

Comment

Bye. One of reasons why I don't like lease environments. There are far to many people that only care about themselves and have no respect for others or others property.

Comment

It's a civil issue. They can get nasty and are often decided by elected, incompetent, JP judges. What the law or a lease says is often 100% irrelevant to the result of a case. If the owner kicks him off without a refund and this guy files suit, it will be a major drain on the landowner. Not saying its right but the landowner might just be wanting to take the easy way out by letting it ride for this season.

Comment

it has nothing to do with legality, its a contract, he can be removed for violating the contact, the end!

Comment

See ya

Comment

Anyone know of any lease openings???

Comment

Reality is he might threaten to file a lawsuit but probably won't.He will have a tough time finding an attorney that would represent him if in fact he was in violation of the contract.If he does file it will be a small claims case without a lawyer before a JP in which he will most likely not prevail.On a lease I once managed we refused to invite a hunter back for the following season who had broken numerous contract rules the season before .The contract clearly stated it was a year to year lease and that there were no guarantees as to whether a member would be invited back the following season. He filed on us but then dismissed the case a week before it was going to be heard in court.His daddy was a big shot with the county (I believe commissioner )where he lived and he was a probation officer.He was just screwing with us because he could. Don't be intimidated-boot him off.

Comment

One of my best friends is an attorney.
                    He clarified some things in the lease.
                    He also wrote a termination of contract effective immediately letter.
                    Meeting with the landowner tomorrow.
                    He’s out as of Nov. 15.
                    Will send the letter certified mail.

If he wants to argue with my attorney friend...best of luck.

Comment

It's sad that deer hunting has come to this point.
                      There's 4.5 million deer in Texas, and lawyers are needed........SMH.

Comment

They elected to breach the lease agreement on two occasions. First action seems noted as negligence. The second action appears to be deliberate negligence. Landlord is well within the rights to terminate the lease agreement w/o penalties.

All this being described and said, just my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post

It is...
                          But fortunately he’s one of my best friends.
                          More for peace of mind for the landowner than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                            Lol people have been fighting about hunting leases since your granddaddy was a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
                              Lease contracts are worthless
                              This, a good friend of mine is going thru this right now. He had his guys sign a lease contract that was written by an attorney. He had to kick a guy off for multiple contract violations. The contract in multiple places says if you are kicked off the lease you do not get any refund. Guess what... the guy that he kicked off is now suing him in small claims court. I'm sure he will loose but it is costing my buddy time away from work to go deal with this jerk.

Comment

He broke the rules, BOOT THE BUM!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X