Age ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age ?

This is a buck that's been a regular at both my stands for the past year. Last year I thought he was 4.5 which would make him 5.5 this year...but he looks 4.5 to me this year. If he was only 3 last year he was an above average 3-year old for this place.
    I am 100% certain it's the same buck because he has a very identifiable lump under his jaw.
    I probably won't shoot him either way. The bucks on this place have been very difficult for us to age. This is low fence Kimble county. They are smaller bodied than I'm used to so I'm just trying to get better at judging them. How old is he?

First pic is 2016, second two are 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sika; 10-08-2017, 05:14 PM.

I agree, seems like 4.5 this year

Comment

Ground checker

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind."

Comment

Comment

I agree that he looks about the same as he did last year, so I'm going with him being 4.5 this season. I just don't see a 5.5 year old deer.

Comment

I would call him a 5 yr old this year.

Comment

Not very clear pics.
              But ill guess 4.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                Not very clear pics.
                But ill guess 4.
                Yeah I am super disappointed with the quality of images we get from the Covert.

Comment

Very hard to tell with these pics, but in the 2nd pic he sure is standing far back on his front hooves which tells me he could be a lot older than you think he is.

Comment

Kinda looks like a 4.5 but for some reason I think he's older than he looks

Comment

Looks max 4.5 in those pics but honestly I can't tell much difference between the pics. The airless pics on the covert are only 2mp but the ones saved on the sd card are 8-10mp depending on settings and should be clearer.
                      Are the pics from about the same time of yr?

Comment

I'm gonna have to say 4-4.5
                        Really don't see anything to make him 5.5

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                          Very hard to tell with these pics, but in the 2nd pic he sure is standing far back on his front hooves which tells me he could be a lot older than you think he is.
                          I noticed this too. Clearer pictures would certainly help confirm that he is an old deer.

Comment

Pretty short legged...could be 5.5 but 4.5 for sure.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X