No announcement yet.

The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes right there with you I cant explain it and yes I get sick to my stomach every time but every 4-5 months I go back and I thought all this time it was me!!

Comment

Last time at LJS was early 90's and experienced the same result as OP. Have never considered it since.

Comment

This thread is great. Brings back the memory of my wife and I making a trip to Arkansas to stay with her parents. We were 1/5 of the way to their place and my wife asked to get dinner. The two options I saw were Whataburger and LJS. I don't know why in the world she chose LJS, but I went to Whataburger after to get my food. But she no more than finished her meal and asked that I pull into a Walmart. She asked herself the same question...Why do I do this to myself? I know this happens every time I eat there. LOL I was dying laughing.

Comment

I worked at a LJS in '83 for 6 days. I have never eaten there since.
          No way
          No how would I ever put that in my body

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
            This thread is great. Brings back the memory of my wife and I making a trip to Arkansas to stay with her parents. We were 1/5 of the way to their place and my wife asked to get dinner. The two options I saw were Whataburger and LJS. I don't know why in the world she chose LJS, but I went to Whataburger after to get my food. But she no more than finished her meal and asked that I pull into a Walmart. She asked herself the same question...Why do I do this to myself? I know this happens every time I eat there. LOL I was dying laughing.
            I cracked up reading this. Poor girl!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              Love me some LJS's! It doesn't bother me a bit and I can wear that stuff out! Ya'll sure got some weak stomach's.
              X2 I love the fish and shrimp

Comment

I eat at the one in Kerrville about once a year when going to the lease.Then it's a gamble and a duck woddle to camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Medina Springs View Post
                  I eat at the one in Kerrville about once a year when going to the lease.Then it's a gamble and a duck woddle to camp.

Duck waddle whether needed or not. Because you're never for certain. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

man, you guys have some sensitive stomachs.

Never made me sick. Kinda like the fish and shrimp myself.

Comment

I remember my last LJS meal, it was when the gun show was moved from Broadway over to Marbach in San Antonio. There was a LJS nearby and I ate lunch there. Headed over to the gun show and made it thru one aisle and got the bubbling guts. Heel walked to the restroom and pulled my britches down, laid on my side on the floor and wept.
                      Never really wanted to go back after that rodeo.

Comment

About once per year I'll have a craving for LJS. As stated, better have a can nearby within a few hours.

Not sure what it is, but a few times, it didn't bother me much at all; however, a few other times, it practically flew right through me.

I used to crave it more often, but much prefer Popeye's if I want my grease fix on nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
                          I just drive right on by. No thanks.
                          This^^^^^^^! That stuff is nasty!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
                            I just drive right on by. No thanks.

^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

My wife likes that crap. I can choke it down. It doesn't have the same effect on me that it apparently has a lot of you, though.

Comment

Nasty!

Comment

Working...
                                X