hunting in Liberty county Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting in Liberty county Texas

Does anyone here hunt in Liberty county? If so what is the hunting like there? I am looking at a lease in that county and would like to know more about how good or bad the hunting is. thanks

i have hunted there a couple years ago and the hunting was off and on. it really depends on the place and what is next to you, if you are on cedar bayou the bucks aren't going to be as big as if you are in the farmland. i saw a nice 130+ buck on a soybean field next to where i used to hunt, the next year the guy quit his soybean buisness and the bucks seemed to go away. but the best thing about that place was it was within 20 min. of my door step.

Comment

What part of Liberty Co. are you looking at? I just got on a lease there a couple of days ago.

Comment

near the trinity river outside of cleveland.

Comment

I think you might be looking at the same one that i just got on. Did you see it on DeerTexas.com? That is where i found it at.

Comment

yep a guy named daniel is goig to show it to us next saturday

Comment

Ya, it is the same place that we got on. It looks like a good place to me. Daniel seemed to be a good guy. They have got a camp site area in the front of the place and are talking about getting electricity put in. When we went up there, there was another guy that took a couple of spots and he has got connections with some electrical people or something. The property is in a good location to. There is a huge bird sanctuary across from the lease and he said that all of the deer and hogs some across the pipeline (which noone hunts) and onto the lease. 3 of the spots in the back were already filled but there is still some good areas that are left up towards the front. I think that it will be a pretty good place though. It will be nice to share camp with some fellow TBH'ers if yall get the place. Let me know what yall think about it.

Comment

Dale- welcome to the fire- I have been trying to find a way to get ahold of you- dropped my phone in the toilet and lost all the numbers that were in it. I was tryin to get you up for a turkey hunt but its running a little late now. Still have the same phone number but all of my email and other changed. Hope you were able to get out and chase some birds this year.

Comment

Hit and miss depending on where in the county! For sure it is gonna be WET and mosquito's are rampant! Oh, lots of hogs in that country!

Comment

I live about 10 miles west of that lease. I pass by that area on my way to my lease in Polk County. I know a guy that has hunted all around that area and he loved it. I know several hunter that hunt on the west side of Trinity river and they like it.
                    I have a feeder set up at my house and I get deer and hoggs. Enjoy your lease and hope we don't get too much rain. I have been through that area and the water was up close to the road.

If I can offer some advice, Thermacell or two!!!!!

Comment

killed a few decent deer in the area, usually to many people on the leases though, good neighboors is a key in hunting that area. if it backs up to any of the federal land on the trinity river bottom (no hunting allowed) it could be a cherry of a lease, definite yes on the thermacellS .

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow View Post
                        I think you might be looking at the same one that i just got on. Did you see it on DeerTexas.com? That is where i found it at.
                        Music to my ears. Hope it's awesome for ya!!

Comment

My archery shop is in Liberty County and there were some really nice bucks killed there this year. Many of the best deer are along the Trinity River bottom but if it rains the hunting can be tough even with a capable 4 wheeler.

Poachers, mosquitos, snakes and humidity make it exciting too.

Comment

I grew up hunting hardin, Batson, and Moss Hill. There are a few deer there, but there are a lot of trespassers, snakes, and mosquitos as well. There are large deer killed in the area between Moss Hill and Cleveland every year, but unfortunately a lot of folks in the area have not subscribed to the let the young ones walk philosophy yet.

Comment

One Word. SKEETERS !!! CANADIAN STYLE !!! Of cours I own an expensive "Bug Tamer". And the little buggers still drill me around the bend and were it was tight against me when I sat. Shoulders, top of the head, and especiallt the knees and tops of the thighs. Hit and miss on hunting. However, there are some sweet "Honey Holes" here and there with some a those 'Ol Thick Horned Swamp Bucks. Just gotta hope you're in one a those holes. And everyhthing Mac said...

Comment

Working...
                              X