No announcement yet.

Homemade Archery Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you get ready to do the cutting make a template out of 1/4" plywood and just lay it on the old carpet--backside up. Take your utility knife/box cutter and cut around the template, move to another section, cut, move, cut.

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

i may have to try this out

Comment

nice job,I like it

Comment

My family has been shooting this target now for close to 6 months. We have shot an extreme amount of arrows in it and it is still not hurt. No problem with arrow wear or anything. It is a great target. The worst problem is the arrows can get pretty hard to pull out, but my daughter still manages to pull hers out ok. The more poundage you pull the harder it is. If you can pull the bow back you should be able to pull the arrows.

Comment

very nice

Comment

WOW this is awesome!!!! Amazing idea and the greatest target for someone cheap as me!!! Good how to as well.

Comment

I like this! very cool!!

Comment

I'm going to try this out!

Comment

Really nice target. One thing I have learned from shooting into this type of target is that if you turn the strips up and down it is a lot easier to pull the arrows out. Especially when shooting from longer distances where the arrrow's arc is more pronounced. Also, my field tips are polished silver too.

Comment

Pretty good Idea, Should last a good long time. Beats the heck out of spending $150.

Comment

Thats pretty cool!

Comment

nice job

Comment

I noticed last week that mine was starting to bulge out on the back side, so I brought out the cart and rolled it into the shop on its face on the floor. Then I unscrewed the tension bolts and stomped the carpet layers back into line and re-tightened the bolts. I need to add a few more layers of carpet, and need new front and back covers, but looks like it's good for another couple of years.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Working...
                                X