Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the post with the tbh’er 271” deer go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    You need to actually finish reading my posts
    I did & you still assume it’s a “gray area”, but not “100% legal”....still a speculation based off what his friends post...

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      I'm just saying the hunter doesn't owe us any comment, and would really by foolish to do so. His lack of comment is not an indication of guilt whatsoever.
      Exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
        Even if I had shot that buck 110% legal without any grey area at all, I wouldn't go around social media and posting it every where. Regardless of any circumstances.

It looks like the buck was gut shot, and was going to die eventually due to infection and not being able to process food properly. Now, smarter people than me will have to figure out the grey area of the law to determine if that was a follow up kill shot as allowed by law
        Except that the word is the gut shot was the second shot and his first shot two days prior was high shoulder. Which wouldn't have been a lethal shot and if true when he anchored him with the second shot after dark he really wasn't "finishing him off"

Comment

It looks like the buck was gut shot
          He has a strange anatomy if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            I'm just saying the hunter doesn't owe us any comment, and would really be foolish to do so. His lack of comment is not an indication of guilt whatsoever.
            Innocent or guilty, the man obviously doesn't want to incriminate himself.
            Again go back to the speeding ticket example, saying "I wasn't speeding" won't hurt anything, whereas saying "I was doing 74 in a 70 but 4 mph over the limit." should be avoided. I'm 100% ok with anyone doing 74 in a 70, it's within the commonly used 10% rule.

Furthermore, nobody owes anything, but everyone needs to understand that the speculation will continue so long as nobody comes out with the story.

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
            I did & you still assume it’s a “gray area”, but not “100% legal”....still a speculation based off what his friends post...
            You quoted a post of me saying I don't blame them for not coming forth with their story, and then asked me if I think they owe us an explanation. lol

...and yes I'm positive it's a gray area otherwise one of you 20 buddies of his would simply say "yeah he shot it the 2nd time at 4pm broad daylight" and all these stupid threads could end.
            Last edited by justletmein; 10-12-2017, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Even if I had shot that buck 110% legal without any grey area at all, I wouldn't go around social media and posting it every where. Regardless of any circumstances.

It looks like the buck was gut shot, and was going to die eventually due to infection and not being able to process food properly. Now, smarter people than me will have to figure out the grey area of the law to determine if that was a follow up kill shot as allowed by law
              I don't think he ever posted it. Now some "friends" who were asked to not share are the likely culprits with the pics

Comment

Again go back to the speeding ticket example, saying "I wasn't speeding" won't hurt anything, whereas saying "I was doing 74 in a 70 but 4 mph over the limit." should be avoided. I'm 100% ok with anyone doing 74 in a 70, it's within the commonly used 10% rule.

Furthermore, nobody owes anything, but everyone needs to understand that the speculation will continue so long as nobody comes out with the story.

You quoted a post of me saying I don't blame them for not coming forth with their story, and then asked me if I think they owe us an explanation. lol
                Don't blame them for not coming forth with the story, but yet wanting someone to come forth with the story. Is that about right?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                  Or they are just honoring their friends request to say nothing...

So you think they owe us an explanation over honoring their friend’s request?
                  Exactly. I'd much rather my friends honor my requests than to satisfy the curiosity of folks on social media. But hey, "we got a right to know!" is the norm these days

And I'm dying to know...but unless the gentlemen decides to share his story, I'll be perfectly fine staying in the dark

Comment

Bickering won't keep the thread alive.

We don't know what shape the deer was in when Travis finished it off. Unfortunately I don't know how you prove the deer was suffering or struggling.
                    I don't know how at least one lung wasn't hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Don't blame them for not coming forth with the story, but yet wanting someone to come forth with the story. Is that about right?
                      I guess. Also sorry I edited my post a bunch as I was trying not to make multiple posts, but this thread is moving too fast. Anyway, I don't expect we'll get any stories until a year or more and don't really care, but everyone is screaming to stop speculation so all I'm really saying is people are going to speculate until the story comes out, that's just the way it goes. So either stop complaining about the speculation or spill it. Pretty sure we can all already deduce what the most likely story scenario is so not really the need for multiple threads and hours going back and forth.

Comment

...and yes I'm positive it's a gray area otherwise one of you 20 buddies of his would simply say "yeah he shot it the 2nd time at 4pm broad daylight" and all these stupid threads could end.
                        1) please post a link to this “10% rule” as I’ve never seen it in Texas Law.
                        2) There you go assuming again; this time 100% wrong - I have zero association with Travis nor any of his friends...
                        3) if you were online earlier today, you’d know I’ve was pushing those claiming to have the info/facts to post it...

Comment

Hey it might not be in the penal code but dammit the 10% rule is standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In this context I'm equating it to 3 mins after legal shooting time blah blah that was getting thrown out in the other thread. Obviously you can't post that info if you're under investigation that would be dumb. But I'm also saying I'm 100% ok with that so wouldn't fault the guy either way.

I think I meant "one of the 20 buddies" not "one of you 20 buddies" but either way doesn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            Bickering won't keep the thread alive.
                            Agreed.
                            I got one wacked earlier today, thus my apologies...
                            Spoke via PM with Cooldad1 like we should have done in the 1st place..

Comment

Who's bickering, we're simply having a discussion. We don't need to keep a thread alive anyway, there's already a couple and probably 1 or 2 more popping up every day for a while LOL

Comment

Did anyone say if he was in a treestand, tower blind, pit blind or ground blind on the first encounter?

Comment

Working...
                                X