No announcement yet.

Toughest animal you’ve seen in person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to agree with Nilgai. I put three arrows in a raccoon once and it still ran off before dying. The first arrow went through behind the near side shoulder and cut the far side off on exit. It spun around growling and bit the arrow off. It ran off about ten feet and sat there growling. I then sent two more arrows into it and it ran off again. I was almost afraid to go recover it lol. I shot it for the hide and ended up with just the tail because there were 3 broad head holes in the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Nobody has said A 271" whitetail buck?
      Or Kansas Bobcats.

Comment

TX bowslaughter

Legend has it that he fought off two dudes with fighting styles in his own garage while half asleep then chased down their pickup on foot and slashed a tire with his hunting knife...

...but I didn't see it happen myself though so it may not count.

Comment

Racoon.... shot one right between the eyes with one of those G5 Varmit heads.. I was shooting an 80# Bowtech tribute at the time and that thing just ate it and staggered out of the tree... I got occupied shooting the other coon that was in the tree and by the time i went to look for the first one it was nowhere to be found...

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
            While pronghorn hunting we found a sick cow , rancher shot her twice in head with .38
            One week later I see her no buzzards around, yep still kicking!
            Animals are incredible tough

Comment

A buddy was hunting a particular 8 pt on a high fence ranch in bow season, when he showed him self at the feeder for a snack. My buddy, very reliable, pulled his shot and the deer ran off. Went to look for sign and found blood, and bloody corn. He was following the trial and walked up on the deer. He froze, the deer turned his head in a way that didn't make sense. Buddy backed out and came back after lunch...no deer anywhere. month later see him in background of camera chasing does. Shoots the deer with his rifle to find a muzzy mark UNDER the jaw and the deer's left eye just about closed up with skin.... We speculate the arrow deflected off of something, went straight up between the jaws and out his left eye.... I seen the deer and got to witness a lot of the story over the few months it went down....Protein fed deer aint no PUNK!! That's a true story.

Comment

Toughest animal you’ve seen in person

22-250 to the ear on a sow at 15 yards. Knocked her down and she quit moving. 2 minutes later she gets up, shags azz, and is gone never to be seen or found.

Had a coon dog in high school. Treed a coon and shot him between the eyes with a 22 at 20 ft away. He fell out of the tree and hit the ground. Didn’t move. Dog ran over and grabbed him and he came alive. Balled up on the dogs head and both fell in a pond full of water. Dog wanted to let go and coon wasn’t letting go and was pulling the dogs head under water. Imagine a dog screaming in agony and his head under water. Never heard so many gurgles and bubbles in my life! Ended up wading in the water and using the butt of the gun like a baseball bat to hit the dog and the coon to get the coon off him. Was hilarious.

Sand hill crane. Me and two guys sat up on two cranes and unloaded 9 shells into them at 25 yards. One dropped 80 yards out and the other flew completely out of sight with a leg dangling loose and his neck crooked. Hardest bird I’ve ever tried to bring down. We were shooting 3 1/2” BB BBB and #4 buck shot.

We had some cranes that after they were hit would climb up high, lock their wings out and glide to their death and were picking them up 500 yards away. True story. We were near a big power line and it was 330 yards between the poles.

Last edited by DapperDan; 10-11-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
                  I peeled several (3) .243 shells off of the shoulder of an aoudad I shot, until I got a fourth behind the ribs and stopped it. They are tanks.
                  Heck. Half of tbh will tell you that a 243 is plenty for nearly any animal in North America haha

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Nobody has said A 271" whitetail buck?
                    Too soon?

Comment

Gemsbok!

Comment

Caught 3 little pigs (about 4lbs) and put them in a cattle trailor. During the night the dogs got under the trailor and worried the pigs. One of them stepped between the floor boards and the dogs chewed off both rear legs up to the elbows. The next morning that little pig drug himself up to the feed bowl and ate corn.

Comment

Cape Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                            Shot a big boar in a trap dead in the forehead with a 9mm from about 4 feet. Ricocheted right off the top of his dang head. Traded the 9mm for a .45 the next week. Never happened again on any pig in a trap that I killed.

We use a .22 for the pigs in our trap and have never had a problem with a ricochet...

Comment

Saw a deer as a kid up north ran about 1 mile and over a few barbwire fences dragging its guts behind it

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                                We use a .22 for the pigs in our trap and have never had a problem with a ricochet...YET!!!

Fify

Comment

Working...
                                X