Help with tankless hot water heater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with tankless hot water heater.

Has anyone flushed theirs out? I think my valves may have been installed upside down. In the picture you can see the shutoff valve clearly above the service valve. I think the shut off valves are supposed to be below it. I tried to shut the water off to the whole house and run vinegar to it but without shut off valves below the service valve the vinegar just goes down in the water line.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry for the sideways pic. If anyone can turn it feel free to do so.

Upside down. Should be able to flip and just repipe the temp and pressure relief valve.

Comment

Cut the water off to your house . Flip the set up completely over on both the hot and cold line you will have to cut your TP cpvc pipe to do that but you can just get a coupling and put it back together after you flip the valves over !

Comment

Are if you wanted to you can place two new valves in your pex lines to shut the water off to your heater and leave the upside down stuff alone that would be the easiest but would need pex rings and crimping tool for that unless you wanted to install sharkbite valves .

Comment

How long has it been since that heater was installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
            How long has it been since that heater was installed?
            About 8 months.

Comment

Sounds like a call to the installer to fix is in order. Unless you installed it lol

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                Sounds like a call to the installer to fix is in order. Unless you installed it lol
                Not me. He's getting a call tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

What model Rinnai is it? Here is the install and owner's manual for the V65/75 and RL75/94. There are diagrams to show correct piping.

Comment

Working...
                  X