Brisket smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket smokers

What's the best way to reheat a brisket. I have a party next Sunday and I'm gonna smoke the meat Saturday and will need to reheat Sunday, what's y'all favorite way to keep it moist and edible?? I know it's not ideal but it's my only option!!! Thanks!!!

Big crock pot?

Comment

if I have to reheat the next day I will purposely undercook the brisket and finish it the next day. just wrap it in foil and finish it.

Comment

place it in a large pan with a cup are two of apple juice cover with
        foil heat in the oven at 325 for about an hour

Comment

Wrap in foil with a little water in the foil. Place it in a larger pan with a little water, turn oven to 250° heat until warmed through.

Comment

Not the microwave.

Comment

Why not smoke it over night and throw it in a cooler Sunday morning? They are usually better if they "rest" for several hours anyway. You can add a heating pad to the cooler to buy yourself some extra time..

Comment

I slice it and vacuum seal it then boil the entire sealed bag of sliced brisket.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                  I slice it and vacuum seal it then boil the entire sealed bag of sliced brisket.
                  This^

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonGringo View Post
                    Not the microwave.
                    Lol 10 4

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanm View Post
                      Why not smoke it over night and throw it in a cooler Sunday morning? They are usually better if they "rest" for several hours anyway. You can add a heating pad to the cooler to buy yourself some extra time..
                      this is what I do. I like to finish mine about 4-5 hours before serving time and then wrap it in foil, put some old towels below and above it in a cheap cooler and don't open that thing until you're ready to slice it.

But, I've got a pellet smoker and I can reliably put on a brisket and not look at the smoker again for at least 10-12 hours, so I have no problem sleeping while it cooks.

Comment

This, my uncle does this and you can not tell the difference. I think they actually taste better as well because they have had so much time to rest.

Comment

I do this...I also wil take the leftover juices and freeze them in a ice cube tray and put one or more cubes in the bag when I vacuum the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                            I do this...I also wil take the leftover juices and freeze them in a ice cube tray and put one or more cubes in the bag when I vacuum the bag.
                            How long do you boil it for?

Maybe sous vide? for perfect temp?

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                              How long do you boil it for?

Maybe sous vide? for perfect temp?
                              I usually boil it for about 10 minutes and then let it steep for up to another 20 minutes....depending on how hungry I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X