No announcement yet.

Live from the Social Club (Price drop from $327,000 to $297,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I wasn’t hungry but after looking at that grub, mercy!

Comment

Live from the Social Club

We got some work done too. It’s awesome when you have great buddies with cool toys that come help. Thank you again D~Mo!

This old ice box will turn into cold storage down the road.

This was left over from previous owners and one of the first things my wife did when we bought the place was to spray paint it cause, we could.

We added some posted signs around the place.

We added a floor to our north wind blind to hopefully keep the snakes out. According to the game camera the deer have been have been cool with it.

We jumped into the blind after the rain hoping to catch a pig. We only saw 12 bucks and 4 does.

Karla is in mid season form

Another great weekend at the SC! Looks like we are in for a good soaking this week.

Last edited by Heath; 09-03-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Takes a bit to impress me with food pics but you did it!!! Every bit of that looks FANTASTIC!!!

Window unit and a coolbot and that ice box will be in business! I have one at the lease very similar and it does a great job!

Comment

Looking good Heath. Your Dutch oven cooking looks amazing. I need to send my dad to you to learn a little. He tries but his hit ratio is about 65%.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            Looking good Heath. Your Dutch oven cooking looks amazing. I need to send my dad to you to learn a little. He tries but his hit ratio is about 65%.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I love to cook and entertain so I have been trying out new things for when I have big groups. Pretty much my goal is an episode of Man Fire Food when I have guest out.

Originally posted by doug View Post
            Takes a bit to impress me with food pics but you did it!!! Every bit of that looks FANTASTIC!!!

Window unit and a coolbot and that ice box will be in business! I have one at the lease very similar and it does a great job!

Thanks Doug. That’s my plan but not sure it happens this year. I have heard nothing but good things about the coolbot system.

Comment

After seeing those food pics I wish I would have married you before karla did.

Comment

Good stuff, Heath.

Loving this rain!
                Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Those DO Nachos look like the bomb!!! Looks like a great weekend.

Did the food plot not seed out?

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                    Those DO Nachos look like the bomb!!! Looks like a great weekend.

Did the food plot not seed out?

Nothing is planted in there. My plan was to shred my standing wheat from my Fall plot but the hogs wiped it out the last couple of months. So I went ahead and shredded it, in hopes some seed was still out there and in prep for Fall plot. I need to decide if I’m going full force and make a dove plot next years. Our schedules are crazy and I want to make sure I use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      Nothing is planted in there. My plan was to shred my standing wheat from my Fall plot but the hogs wiped it out the last couple of months. So I went ahead and shredded it, in hopes some seed was still out there and in prep for Fall plot. I need to decide if I’m going full force and make a dove plot next years. Our schedules are crazy and I want to make sure I use it.

Gotcha! I thought the wheat was for the doves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You've got it going on there Heath. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Live from the Social Club

My tractor guy planted 300 pounds of Buck Forage Oats with 500 pounds of fertilizer today ahead of the rain. I have a 5 acre plot, but I decided to only plant the 3 acres to the west of my box. That area is typically where my deer travel and will allow me to slip out of blind if deer are still in the plot.

I have two huge wheat fields to my north and south, so I’m trying oats this year. Last year I planted Turner Fall Mix and it came up good and they ate it except the turnips. It had a lot of wheat in it.

Work took me to the area so nice to spend a few days out there.

It will be fun to watch the growth in the cage vs what they eat.

As I left the gate, it started pouring.

Last edited by Heath; 09-20-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Should be perfect timing! Any surprises lately on the cards?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              Should be perfect timing! Any surprises lately on the cards?

I hope my oats can swim!

Like last year, a ton of deer on camera with some really nice bucks. We are jumping on these deer in bow season this year so hopefully Karla can get it done early.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                                I hope my oats can swim!

Like last year, a ton of deer on camera with some really nice bucks. We are jumping on these deer in bow season this year so hopefully Karla can get it done early.
                                I imagine the seed will be fine. If it does wash some out, just broadcast some feed oats(cheap) to fill in the holes. They will come up fine. And re-seed at that. Good luck to the better half!

Comment

Working...
                                X