Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Here are some of my "birdies", mostly from last summer. Justin, please feel free to post your stunning frames.
    I am blown away by this collection

Comment

Here are some of my "birdies", mostly from last summer. Justin, please feel free to post your stunning frames.
      What is the triangular shaped piece? Top row, right center. To the left of the long narrow black point? Pottery shard?

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
        What is the triangular shaped piece? Top row, right center. To the left of the long narrow black point? Pottery shard?
        Thats actually a Catahoula knife. it was found in a cache with two extremely large Catahoulas and a drilled pendant. I sold the cats and pendant last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          I am blown away by this collection
          LOL! Thats just my recent birdie frame. i sold out of Birdies in 2015. Im looking at over 50 frames from where im sitting right now and there are thousands boxed up.

Comment

LOL! Thats just my recent birdie frame. i sold out of Birdies in 2015. Im looking at over 50 frames from where im sitting right now and there are thousands boxed up.
            I want to buy a day with you to look for some heads with my Dad. He is fascinated by indian artifacts and we don't find many at all down in Tilden. Probably because we don't know what we are doing but your ability to find them is pretty incredible. Love you and Johnny's posts about them.

Comment

I want to buy a day with you to look for some heads with my Dad. He is fascinated by indian artifacts and we don't find many at all down in Tilden. Probably because we don't know what we are doing but your ability to find them is pretty incredible. Love you and Johnny's posts about them.
              Shoot me or Steve a pm. Would be glad to lend a hand.

Comment

The tilden area is just loaded. Some of the finest Langtrys ever found were right around tilden.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  Shoot me or Steve a pm. Would be glad to lend a hand.
                  10-4. Been talking with Steve a little. Thank You

The tilden area is just loaded. Some of the finest Langtrys ever found were right around tilden.
                  Someone smarter then me has to find them!

Comment

10-4. Been talking with Steve a little. Thank You

Someone smarter then me has to find them!
                    Experience and smart aint the same thing! Experience i have though!
                    Last edited by GarGuy; 02-16-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Thats actually a Catahoula knife. it was found in a cache with two extremely large Catahoulas and a drilled pendant. I sold the cats and pendant last year.
                      Hmm, interesting. I would have never guessed that. To my untrained eye the edges do not appear to be worked.

As always, your finds and collection are amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                        Hmm, interesting. I would have never guessed that. To my untrained eye the edges do not appear to be worked.

As always, your finds and collection are amazing!
                        Its sharp all the way around its the same thing as the large stemmed piece. all it lacks are the notches on the base.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Hey Garguy,
                            Why is your name not BigEastTexasBuckguy or EastTexasartifactguy?
                            Here is a tomahawk head that my dad found in the Brazos river about 70 yrs ago.
                            Thought you might like it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is my favorite piece that I have ever had the pleasure to dig up.
                              What do you think it is? I think it is just a big spear point, every one else thinks it is a ceremonial piece.
                              Oh, and by the way, I am envious of the corner tangs that you have found.:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                                Here is my favorite piece that I have ever had the pleasure to dig up.
                                What do you think it is? I think it is just a big spear point, every one else thinks it is a ceremonial piece.
                                Oh, and by the way, I am envious of the corner tangs that you have found.:
                                Its a knife blade. Either kinney or Covington. Middle archaic. Not ceremonial but its early stage.

Comment

Working...
                                X