Archery range around Dallas area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery range around Dallas area?

Greetings! I was wondering if anyone know of a archery range around Dallas area where I can shoot for a day? I sent a few emails to Elm Fork but I've have not heard back from them and I think you have to be a member of the Texas archery club to use their facility. I currently live around the Las Colinas/Irving area and would like to shoot after work without having to drive 30+ minutes. Looking to shoot out to at least 60 yards. Thanks guys

Cinnamon creek ranch

Comment

Bass Pro, All Star Archery both have indoor ranges you can pay to shoot. A lot of archery shops probably do as well, but those two are probably the closest to you. Elm Fork does have non member shooting on the weekends I believe. Texans Archery club has a big indoor facility in Plano but not sure if you want to drive that far.

Comment

Westlake Sports Center in Mesquite has an outdoor range you can shoot up to 100 yards at. $5.00 for a NR. Might be outside your drive requirement.

Comment

Thanks guys. BassPro is nearby but, the range is maxed out at 20 yards. I need to shoot at least 60 to sight in my sight. Cinnamon Creek is too far and Mesquite as well. I'm looking for a place nearby where I can shoot after work without being stuck in traffic and having enough time to shoot to my heart's content

Comment

IBA
            Irving Bowhunting Association. I'm a member and just got back from there a few minutes ago. Was shooting 60 yds and it goes to 70. 3D, static practice range, etc...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                IBA
                Irving Bowhunting Association. I'm a member and just got back from there a few minutes ago. Was shooting 60 yds and it goes to 70. 3D, static practice range, etc...
                Thanks but I don't think I'll be shooting that much for the annual membership. I can always shoot at my brother's place but, I just need to shoot at least 60 yards for now to sight the bow. i'll try elm fork tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                  Cinnamon creek ranch
                  This. Great range(s).

Comment

On Target Archery in Canton is where I go

On Target Archery is an archery shop in Canton, TX. We sell archery gear; offer lessons for all levels; host leagues; and have indoor and outdoor ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                      This. Great range(s).
                      Yes, I am real familiar with cinnamon creek. My brother lives less than a mile from there. I just can't see myself driving over half an hour everyday to practice after work. Looking for a place that is closer to Irving/Las Colinas area but, I appreciate your input!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

http://www.ontargetarcherytexas.com/
                        Thanks but, that's over 65 miles one way

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

http://www.ontargetarcherytexas.com/
                          X2. Would be worth the drive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Texans Archery is at Elm Fork and you need a membership to shoot there as well. I believe the public may still be able to shoot on Saturday mornings but check with them. If you find a member I believe they can take a guest anytime for like $5 ea time.
                            If I may ask, where do you normally practice?

Sorry, went back and reread your post. Don't know of a day place per se unless you go on Saturday morning. If they still do that...
                            Last edited by WCB; 09-05-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                              Texans Archery is at Elm Fork and you need a membership to shoot there as well. I believe the public may still be able to shoot on Saturday mornings but check with them. If you find a member I believe they can take a guest anytime for like $5 ea time.
                              If I may ask, where do you normally practice?
                              I haven't practice in a few months. I usually practice near cinnamon creek. My brother lives about a mile from there and at the end of their neighborhood, is a trail that leads to a creek with plenty of space to shoot my targets. I just don't want to drive over half an hour after work. Actually, it'll take me close to an hour to get there with traffic

Comment

Working...
                              X