Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    Low fence? Holy jeez thats a big bodied deer for east texas
    We have 4K+ acres with a tall fence, but not exactly a true high fence. It's fairly porous in many areas. We had another 200#+ buck killed this weekend, so that makes 5 over 200# so far this year. The biggest was 252#! This is a big increase in over all body weights for us. 4 years ago, when we first got on, the all time weight record was 210#. We had good rain this year, everybody plants food plots (at least in the winter), and more and more of us are feeding protein. All of the 200 club have also been at least 5yo.

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
      We have 4K+ acres with a tall fence, but not exactly a true high fence. It's fairly porous in many areas. We had another 200#+ buck killed this weekend, so that makes 5 over 200# so far this year. The biggest was 252#! This is a big increase in over all body weights for us. 4 years ago, when we first got on, the all time weight record was 210#. We had good rain this year, everybody plants food plots (at least in the winter), and more and more of us are feeding protein. All of the 200 club have also been at least 5yo.
      I should also add that they are native, as far as I know. If any genetics were introduced, it would have been a long time ago, and most likely well-diluted by now. Most of our mature bucks have been weighing in 175 - 195# range.

Comment

Warhorse

Comment

Congrats Scott! Truly a giant, what an awesome story.

Comment

What a mule and a hell of a quest! Congrats!

Comment

WOW!! He looks like a dang Angus bull with horns!!!

Congrats sir!

Comment

Well done!! He is a hoss!

Comment

Originally posted by alack392 View Post
                  Congrats Scott! Truly a giant, what an awesome story.
                  Thanks, Adam! Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the guy that hunted him so hard all these years. I kinda felt like I was pot licking when I took over his old spot, and got lucky my first year.

Comment

Wow what a beast!! You should send some DNA off to TPWD and find out if it was his mom or his dad that was Nilgia!!!!

Comment

Wow, if it didn't have horns it would be a cow. Congratulations, great old brute!

Comment

Operation Whitetail?

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                          Operation Whitetail?
                          Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                          X