No announcement yet.

DuPont Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved it, but if you have a high OT job its not great....we always got our 8 days off....
    But we are regulated by PIMSA so our OT is reduced.
    Worked 4 on 4 off for 20 years, and it was more like 6-2 or 7-1 HATED IT

Comment

Worked it for 7 years now. I could not work a mon-friday job. Only way I would switch was if I could some how get a sales job. Friend of mine works 4 on 4 off, Had an opportunity to go to that and I rejected it. Dupont gets 2 weekends off a month, he gets like 1 every 5 I believe.

If you get with a company that doesn't force you to work OT all the time its not bad at all. I love working OT during the off season, preferably on my 7 day break. Working OT coming off nights to days is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
        Worked it for 7 years now. I could not work a mon-friday job. Only way I would switch was if I could some how get a sales job. Friend of mine works 4 on 4 off, Had an opportunity to go to that and I rejected it. Dupont gets 2 weekends off a month, he gets like 1 every 5 I believe.

If you get with a company that doesn't force you to work OT all the time its not bad at all. I love working OT during the off season, preferably on my 7 day break. Working OT coming off nights to days is a different story.

Ya I’m young and could use the OT right now but I am sure it could get old when you are trying to plan ahead to go to the lease on your long change and they ask you to work OT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
          Ya I’m young and could use the OT right now but I am sure it could get old when you are trying to plan ahead to go to the lease on your long change and they ask you to work OT

What’s more important? Lease or good job

Comment

Been working it for 18 yrs not bad if you don't work to much overtime. When you get long changes off it is like a week vacation every month. Any shift work is not good for your health or family life.

Comment

I’m on it now and love it. Have every other weekend off. It’s a 28 day rotation and we work 14 of those 28 days. Also have a stretch of 8 days off every month. 36 hours one week and 48 the next

Comment

You don't have to stay working shift work, the more experience you get the more opportunities at advancement or just straight day jobs come available. There are a lot of guys I work with that wouldn't want to work any other shift, I personally didn't care for shift work so I work straight days.

Comment

Over 10 years doing it, love the days off. M-F 8to5, no thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep agree 100% but at the same time if they have me work a random wednesday on my long change I still had 5 days to be at the lease. I've been doing it ever since I left college though. Its not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                      You don't have to stay working shift work, the more experience you get the more opportunities at advancement or just straight day jobs come available. There are a lot of guys I work with that wouldn't want to work any other shift, I personally didn't care for shift work so I work straight days.
                      Yep! Lots of guys do it and then transfer to other departments! A lot of other guys who work days also try to switch to shift positions.

Comment

I've worked Dupont shift schedule since 1990. I don't know how Mon-Fri guys get anything done.

Comment

Aren’t you maintenance? If so does maintenance work shift work there?

Comment

Worked it for many years. Been in a Mon-Fri role for 7 years. Have all my weekends off, not needed to cover for anyone. Love it. If had to would go back to this shift schedule but Mon-Fri is awesome.

Comment

DuPont Schedule

Here’s my version. Been doing it 17 years now and couldn’t work a Monday-Friday. I love to hunt so I take my 4 days in November and December. I use the other Vacation for kids Birthdays or family Vacation. A few times I took all my Vacation at once, but sure makes it hard to go back after a month off!

Comment

Been doing it for 4.5 years. Love it. Especially during hunting season haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X