No announcement yet.

Coleman vs. Igloo Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can you get a Rubbermaid cooler. Saw that Cabelas and Bass Pro don't carry them.

Comment

Originally posted by xdaryl View Post
      Where can you get a Rubbermaid cooler. Saw that Cabelas and Bass Pro don't carry them.
      I got mine at Sportsman Warehouse, in Colorado Springs, CO. You might google Rubbermaid Ice chest and find a dealer locator.

Comment

I'm leaning toward the 150qt. Coleman Marine. It's on sale at Cabelas for 135.99.

That doesn't sound like much of a sale.

I had horrible problems with thin walled Colemans for years so I went with the Igloo and had better luck with keeping ice. This was before the Extreme came out. So naturally, when the Max Cold came out I went with them and I really like them. I bought 2 Igloo Max Cold 120 Qt coolers at Walmart for $54 each 3 years ago and they are both still going strong. No repairs so far although I'm sure some will come eventually. I have hinges I bought from Academy expecting these repairs but have yet to use them.

I still have one 54 qt Igloo I got in 1996 with a super thick lid that is still going strong and it keeps ice better than any Coleman or Igloo I've owned but I don't see them made anymore.. I've replaced the hinges twice in 15 years and am still on the same latches and handles.. Of course I take care of my shiznit..

Comment

igloo with the tires

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
            I just went through this a couple weeks back.

I wound up with a Rubbermaid cooler. So far, I am very impressed with it. It is very rigid, and the stainless hardware sure is nice.

This is the one I bought:

Same thing here. I ordered one of these rubbermaids and it is awesome. Steel latch and hinges. Just can't bring myself to spend the coin on a Yeti.

Comment

the green coleman

Comment

I bought mine from the Rubbermaid website. It showed up in less than a week.

I even managed to find a 10% off coupon on the Rubbermaid site, which nearly took care of all the shipping.

My cooler to the door was ~$105, it shipped FedEx.

They really have not done a good job at securing distributors, supposedly some of the Wal Mart stores are carrying them, but I couldn't find one (I called about 6 different ones here in DFW)

Comment

I have always had good luck with Igloo. Later on if you need parts Igloo parts are readily available at most sporting goods stores.

Comment

I just got an Igloo Extreme hoping it will help me keep my venison frozen while I move from Tulsa to Cleburne; will report back Sunday.

Comment

I have an old Coleman Extreme that was getting beat up and didn't seem like it was keeping ice as well as it used to. I went to Academy for a replacement and ended up buying an Igloo Max Cold (or whatever they are called). After about a week I took the Igloo back to Academy, got my refund, and went back to the old Coleman.

I might try one of the Rubbermaid coolers if I can find a dealer. I might even go to Wally World to look. UUUGGGHHH!!!

Comment

Wrote response then saw this post is 10yrs old
                        Last edited by friscopaint; 10-07-2021, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgard View Post
                          i have no complaints about my igloo max cold
                          **** it!

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                            Wrote response then saw this post is 10yrs old
                            Ha! That's alright..time for a set of hinges!
                            Actually, if y'all need hinges..look up the ones made from the yellow FD supply hose. That stuff is crazy tough.

Comment

Working...
                            X