Annealing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annealing question

Do you anneal your own brass or send it out. If you do what machine are you using? If you send it out, who are you using? I'm currently looking at the Annealezz.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have an Annealeez. I am pleased with it after I did these upgrades.

1. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This video shows how to set up the digital speed control

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MmSXp7psnAg

I had trouble with the small propane bottles clogging up the burner head. I switched to a 5 gallon tank and no more problems.

Comment

I have been using an Annealeez for nearly two years now. I have done thousands of cases on it. Works really well. Digital speed indicator looks like a simple and cheap upgrade, I may do that to mine.

Comment

Bit the bullet and waiting to get my AMP annealer. Always used a torch and tempilaq 750 and 800 but didn't like the possibilities of inconsistency. I have never sent out or thought to look as I'd be afraid of someone else mishandling by brass. Also wouldn't think anyone would want that liability of heating someone else's brass.

Comment

My buddy and I split the cost to build our own annealer.

Hoop torch, an old press, and some Tempilaq gets it done.

I like the looks of the Annealeez. It seems well made. There was a fella out of the Houston area building a similar one a while back, but I can't remember his company name.

Comment

I know a guy here local that has an AMP. I carried a couple hundred to him, and he did them while we sat and talked guns for a half hour or so. Quick and easy. Got a couple hundred more to do pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
              Bit the bullet and waiting to get my AMP annealer. Always used a torch and tempilaq 750 and 800 but didn't like the possibilities of inconsistency. I have never sent out or thought to look as I'd be afraid of someone else mishandling by brass. Also wouldn't think anyone would want that liability of heating someone else's brass.
              game changer for sure , congrats on the purchase as I will eventually take the plunge

Comment

CB,

Yessir, I'm pretty excited about it. I'll post up a review after I receive and use it but everything I've researched shows it to be a helluva tool and I don't reload bulk so it should be the ticket. I know you're a ways off but if you're ever in the area, come check it out and see the new shop. Shameless plug for Chicken Ranch Precision, LLC.

Bearintx, good to hear and thanks for sharing as well. Looks like I'll be more than happy with it.
                Last edited by kck; 01-08-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I love my AMP annealer. I've only used it on 300 Win mag and 6.5x47Lapua so far. It's fast and I don't have to set up torches and mess with propane bottles. Not saying the other annealers are inferior but the AMP is simple to use.

Dave

Comment

I anneal with a drill and torch and tempalac and time the tempalac to the temp needed and repeat before dumping into water to cool. Brass doesn't harden from quenching it's work hardened

Comment

I have an AMP and LOVE it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the annealeez and it does the job, I anneal every time.

Comment

Been trying to decide between annealeze and MRB.
                          Thinking I will order annealeze next week

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Been trying to decide between annealeze and MRB.
                            Thinking I will order annealeze next week
                            Another option is this. http://www.giraudtool.com/annealer1.htm
                            I've never used his annealer but I have the trimmer. It is a very well made machine.
                            With his annealer you could upgrade to induction annealing later if you wanted.

Comment

Just got my AMP in yesterday. Picking up a boatload of reamers today from a buddy and back to the house to use it for the first time so hopefully it's as handy as I think it will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X