No announcement yet.

Muddy Game Cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy all my moultrie cameras from academy and a couple from Wal-Mart when they were running them for $49.99 2 years ago. All of those D-500 cameras are still working and mine stay out all year.

Comment

Everybody can say what they want about the wildlife innovation camera but we have about 8 of them that have been running for at least 4 seasons and had a couple more that would still be working if it wasn't for wood peckers !!

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
        I have come to the conclusion that most game cameras are disposable. After a year or 2 they are usually trash.

I have a browning strike force that is 2 years old now that I caught on sale for like $79. I try not to spend more than $50-$75 on a camera.

I have a moultire I bought from Walmart for $39 3 years ago that is still working. My FIL bought the Primos camera from Walmart for $39 when they ran them on sale recently and I have one out so we shall see.

All that said if I get a year or 2 out of a camera at most I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Same for me

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Thats your problem. Spend $120-150 and they will last 2-3 years easy. Most of mine are still
        running.

Browning, Moultrie, or Bushell. Nothing else for me unless a wirless Covert
        You must be a camera salesman or something, you make the same comment on camera threads

I have 2 Brownings, neither cost me more than $100 and they are still going strong after 3 years

I had 3 Moultries that combined were still within your range. 2 working great, the 3rd I put some 3v batteries that I thought were AA in and fried the electronics.
        Got them at WM and paid $5 ea for 3 year extended warranty and they bought fried one back no questions asked

All of my cameras are running 24/7/365 out in the elements, some in direct sun for most of the day

If you want to spend more money on something that is the same as what I can get for less then go right ahead

Comment

Seems to me the cheaper cams have closed the gap. Used to the cheap ones were total trash and ate the batteries like crazy. Nowadays i feel most of the cameras are decent and i wouldn't drop crazy money on one. Especially hunting public land obviously

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Same for me

You must be a camera salesman or something, you make the same comment on camera threads

I have 2 Brownings, neither cost me more than $100 and they are still going strong after 3 years

I had 3 Moultries that combined were still within your range. 2 working great, the 3rd I put some 3v batteries that I thought were AA in and fried the electronics.
            Got them at WM and paid $5 ea for 3 year extended warranty and they bought fried one back no questions asked

All of my cameras are running 24/7/365 out in the elements, some in direct sun for most of the day

If you want to spend more money on something that is the same as what I can get for less then go right ahead
            LOL. No. just a camera junky and love me some good pics

And going from my experience with my 10 and many years of cameras(all brands) and buddies 30-50 cameras. What has worked and what hasn't.

And yes I keep all my receipts also

Comment

I have found Trailcampro.com to be an awesome and unbiased source of info for cameras and their reviews.

Their 2 year warranty, free sd card, and good prices are hard to beat.

And no I have never bought one from them, just use their reviews and find them to be spot on

Comment

We have 4-6 running. Exact same set up as browning the only difference is the SD card goes in upside down. Good pictures. Good customer service ,, got them running in ks. No problem

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  I'm assuming nobody has tried this yet lol they look kinda of like brownings to me so they maybe good I would say they are worth a try !!
                  I just Bill Winke's video blog this morning and the Muddy he was setting up was the spitting image of a Browning. I would try them if I needed some.

Comment

Working...
                  X