Shotgun Camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun Camo

A few years ago I switched from my SBE to an over/under to hunt with. Not because I don't love my SBE but I wanted a new challenge. I found it a lot of fun learning to hunt with only 2 shells instead of 3. It makes you pick your shots and work the birds a little closer. I really enjoy it. Last year I decided I wanted to further my challenge and I started looking for a sxs to try. I found the gun I wanted (Browning BSS), but they stopped making those years ago. I next decided on a Stoeger Longfowler but didn't want to pay the reasonable asking price for something I wasn't sure I would like and knew I would have trouble getting out of if I decided I didn't like it. Both are still on my gun bucket list but I decided to wait. Well the other day I found a Boito 12 gauge at a gun shop for cheap and after a little negotiation and a trade I picked it up and a youth model 20 gauge for my kids to hunt with. My research showed its not the best gun but it seems to do its job. Its a full/modified fixed chokes so ideal for duck hunting.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

One problem with the gun is the glare. Obliviously, the glossy finish would not work. I have always wanted to try my hand at painting camo so I thought since I had so little tied up in this gun why not. Below are the steps and finished product.

[IMG][/IMG]

After I cleaned with a degreaser and taped the action. Then I used a primer (self etching) that will bind to everything.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

After drying I used a green camo base layer

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Once the base layer was dry I used natural sea sponge as a "brush" to paint the second layer of camo.

[IMG][/IMG]

After that I used a third color on top and then clear coat. I am pretty happy with the results.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    After duck season if I enjoy the sxs I will probably improve the quality of my sxs to either the Stoeger or hopefully the BSS (if I can find on reasonably priced.)

Thanks,

kf03aggie
    Last edited by kf03aggie; 08-24-2017, 09:50 PM. Reason: pics arent working

pics no worky

Comment

Outstanding job!

Comment

Definitely a better job than mine. I did this both of my pumps many years ago. Makes it super easy for cleaning especially after duck hunting.

Comment

Don't drop it, you will never find it again!!

Well done.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Came out great!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Turned out really nice

Comment

Awesome job

Comment