driving t-posts in rock???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driving t-posts in rock???

Anybody have any advise on driving t-posts in rock? The ground is soft where I live and I have about 20 posts to drive in the hill country. There has to be a secret.

I was told a 2 3/4" bit on a hammer drill. I am not sure I want to fool with it.

Comment

ask trophy 8...

something to do with a rock bar.

you can rent a big air compressor and a pneumatic hammer with a drill bit on it...

Comment

Use a cutting torch or cut off saw and cut the end of the t-post into a point...it still is a booger, but has helped me. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
          Use a cutting torch or cut off saw and cut the end of the t-post into a point...it still is a booger, but has helped me. Good luck!!!!
          X2 still a tough job, but it does help.

Comment

How much does dynamite cost?

Comment

Kevin, you better learn how quickly.

Comment

Get someone else to do it.

Comment

Use a 1 1/2" by 18" bit on a hammer drill. Knock the stabilizer off the t post and drop it in. Takes just a few minutes per post. I usually don't even bother putting anything else in the hole but a little dirt will hold real good. Add a little quickcrete and they'll be there until you can skate on the river Styx.

Comment

We use 1 1/8" bit (as opposed to 1 1/2), but you might do your own measuring. They are still a bugger to drive down, but, they stay down.

Comment

Ask Krivoman, he will tell ya a better way and an easier way.

Comment

barksdale bandit is correct. just pour the dust that came out of the hole back in it and pour water on top of it. its as good as cement.

Comment

A breaker bar and sledge work well. Get some good gloves and a friend to help you out. Good luck.

Comment

Barksdale Bandit you hit the T-pOST ON THE HEAD!!!! ttt.

Comment

I once made a pen around my feeder in pretty much solid rock I took my generator and hammer drill to the location drilled holes just large enough for 1/2 inche rebar and then used rebar as the post instead of t-post.

Comment

Working...
                              X