Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samurai or track/kick.

Comment

Used jeep will hold almost 100% of its value vs a side by side that looses 40% in 2 years..... if jeep fits your needs. Where i hunt nothing but a 4 wheeler will get there, so that's my option. But if i were in a non gumbo mud situation with rougher terrain I'd consider others.

Comment

I'll be watching this one... I'm currently debating between getting another SxS or a Toyota Tacoma. I like the truck for a/c & heat, but I think the SxS can get in tighter places and you don't have to worry about scratching the paint rubbing against cedar bushes.

Comment

I sold my 4 wheeler and bought a jeep Cherokee. It’s just my lease ride so I don’t mind driving it through the brush and scratching it. Lots of extra room to.
          Last edited by CoolArrow; 02-25-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Lease ride opinions needed

SxS
            1. Smooth riding over very rough terrain.
            2. Minimal rutting of roads and pastures.
            3. A windshield takes most of the chill off of you....they also make a zip on canvas enclosure with soft windshields for extreme days. Similar to jeeps and not too pricey.
            4. A trailer hitch carrier makes easy loading of animals in all scenarios and keeps mess out of the bed or back of Jeep or Samuri.

I have a trans-mule that converts so from 2 to 4 very easily....or 3 to 6 if you pack them in a bit.
            Last edited by Caddo Creek; 02-25-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Jeep

Only reason is because I really like jeeps and I have really enjoyed my Jeep Liberty

Comment

1/2 ton crew is what I use, a small 4 door like a Tacoma or Dakota is great lease vehicles. U can find dakotas pretty cheap in early 2000s models

Comment

Appreciate all the info and opinions. I think im going with the jeep. The guy was asking only $3,000 & we settled on $2,500. The thing is in really good shape (brought a guy that works for me that builds jeeps as a side business) he said structually and mechanically its a sound machine.
                  New tags and its street legal. Newly rebuilt 4 cylinders, 5 speed, 4wd works, no ac but heat will run you out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                    Appreciate all the info and opinions. I think im going with the jeep. The guy was asking only $3,000 & we settled on $2,500. The thing is in really good shape (brought a guy that works for me that builds jeeps as a side business) he said structually and mechanically its a sound machine.
                    New tags and its street legal. Newly rebuilt 4 cylinders, 5 speed, 4wd works, no ac but heat will run you out.
                    I approve of this choice (not that you asked)! Get one of those receiver hitch transport thingamajiggers and you can out your deer or corn on that. Heck it's not any easier getting a deer into the end of a pivkup. We also have a small trailer at our lease that I can use to pull behind the jeep if necessary and it's way better than driving the hubbys big F250 around out there. Or just carry your deer like I do mine...

Comment

Ideal is a small 4x4 pickup like a ranger or Toyota. They’ll go just about anywhere while keeping you dry. Find one with working heat and maybe A/C. Plus you can haul bags of corn, deer, a ladder, or whatever else you need.

I have an 84 bronco ii and my only regret is it doesn’t have a bed.

Comment

This is for sale around the corner from me. Street legal 49 cj2a

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If your hunting area doesn't require you to get into super small areas, there is definitely something to be said for the money you can save by going a different route than the SXS being what those things command in price.

Comment

Working...
                          X