Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$100,000 Christmas bonus for everybody!

Any of you Houston folks work for HilCorp Energy? This from Forbes online:

Christmas came early at Hilcorp Energy. Despite the depression in the oil and gas sector, this year employees are enjoying a $100,000 bonus. It’s the continuation of a tradition at Hilcorp, owned by billionaire Jeffery Hildebrand.

Five years ago, when Hilcorp achieved its goal of doubling its oil and gas production, Hildebrand gave every employee the choice of $35,000 cash or $50,000 towards a new car. This year, despite the downturn, Hilcorp doubled its output again, to more than 150,000 barrels per day. So Hildebrand doubled the bonus — to $100,000. With about 1,400 employees, Hildebrand’s largesse will total more than $100 million (amounts are said to be prorated depending on how much of the past five years a worker was with the company).

It’s a wonderful way to inspire hard work and loyalty, especially among the lower ranks, where $100,000 is well in excess of what many workers make in a year. “It’s just a true gift, and I think myself, along with everyone, is not going to give less than 100 percent each day,” receptionist Amanda Thompson told Fox 4 News in Houston.

(Forbes puts Hildebrand's net worth at around $6 billion)

so...you work there?

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
      so...you work there?
      No, unfortunately...

Comment

I wish my bonus was like that

Comment

bonus...just trying to understand this concept..

Comment

......That's ridiculous. I'm getting a 0 dollar bonus this year. Same as every year.Lol

Comment

So where do we send our resume?

Comment

That's a drop in the bucket to that dude but good on him anyways! I like to see humble, giving, caring billionaires. Even most millionaires lose compassion after their 1st million.

Comment

Very generous owner!

Comment

Wonder if they are hiring????

Comment

I'm a teacher. Our bonus is that we get to wear jeans on the last day before holiday break! lol

Comment

Awesome gesture by Mr. Hildebrand. With bonuses like that, he's sure to build some good employee loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
                          I'm a teacher. Our bonus is that we get to wear jeans on the last day before holiday break! lol
                          Y'all are the ones that should be getting a $100,000 bonus!!!!!

Comment

Must be nice. Getting a $0 bonus this year.

Comment

Could you please just sent it to my paypal account I have lots of shopping to do

Comment

Working...
                              X