Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    Shows up on my IPhone as invalid url
    Shows up on my iPad just fine. Could be because it is a .pdf file, and the iPhone can't open it. Try it on a desk top, or laptop If you have one handy.

Comment

Heres my new arrows
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415849228.606240.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	24345408Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415849242.033772.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	24345409

Bloodsport fps hunters 350 spine carbon to carbon is 25.5" they have a 4" bohning wrap, 3 nitro vanes, nock, insert with 50gr weight and 100gr tip. FOC is 16.3%
      Havent weighed it yet. Hope to get to shoot tomorrow to see how they fly.

Bow is xpedition xcentric 27/67ish

Comment

Looking good.

I just got 3 blood sport 2. I got 300 spine at 26.5 in with 215 gn tip and a 57 gn screw behind the insert. Arrow is 557 gn with 23.9% foc

Comment

I buried my bloodsport all the way up to the red label in my brand new block with a much lower FOC than yall, so yall should get some good penetration. Idk what targets yall shoot, but the red label and graphic will smear to nothing if you shoot it that far into a target like I did, just an FYI. I didn't mind though, I'm not about aesthetics

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
            I buried my bloodsport all the way up to the red label in my brand new block with a much lower FOC than yall, so yall should get some good penetration. Idk what targets yall shoot, but the red label and graphic will smear to nothing if you shoot it that far into a target like I did, just an FYI. I didn't mind though, I'm not about aesthetics

Thx for heads up

Comment

How is it possible to have negative FOC %?
              here's my measurements.
              Valley of nock to Carbon 29 1/16" (TAL)
              Valley of nock to Balance point 14 1/4" (BP)
              so here's the math
              (BP/TAL)-.5x100=FOC%

14.25 / 29.0625=.4903225

.4903225 - .5=-0.0096775

-0.0096775 X 100=-0.96775

I even used this calculator
              You can hunt with confidence, knowing that the TUFFHEAD™ single bevel and three blade broadheads. TuffHead has unsurpassed penetration.

it gives the same answer...

I removed the field tip before determining the BP

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                Looking good.

I just got 3 blood sport 2. I got 300 spine at 26.5 in with 215 gn tip and a 57 gn screw behind the insert. Arrow is 557 gn with 23.9% foc

How do they group?

Comment

How do they group?
                  I hope good I did a fast set up so I could hunt this weekend Got one turkey so far Lots of doe and fawn

Comment

How is it possible to have negative FOC %?
                    here's my measurements.
                    Valley of nock to Carbon 29 1/16" (TAL)
                    Valley of nock to Balance point 14 1/4" (BP)
                    so here's the math
                    (BP/TAL)-.5x100=FOC%

14.25 / 29.0625=.4903225

.4903225 - .5=-0.0096775

-0.0096775 X 100=-0.96775

I even used this calculator
                    You can hunt with confidence, knowing that the TUFFHEAD™ single bevel and three blade broadheads. TuffHead has unsurpassed penetration.

it gives the same answer...

I removed the field tip before determining the BP
                    Haha How did you do that And I got the same answer I guess if you left the tip out when you measured it you could get what you got

Comment

FOC increase

Finally made a choice on arrows.
                      I'm getting Gold Tip XT Hunters 8.9 GPI, 340 spine at 29 1/16" long.
                      I'm adding 50 grains to the tip. Gives me 19.2473% FOC :-)

My est weight is 448 grains. Which puts me at 6.5882 grains/ pound.
                      Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-15-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                        Haha How did you do that And I got the same answer I guess if you left the tip out when you measured it you could get what you got

I looked and looked to see if you balance with or without the tip. I thought the tech said with out last weekend. I just asked again, they said with the tip.

Comment

Finally made a choice on arrows.
                          I'm getting Gold Tip XT Hunters 8.9 GPI, 340 spine at 29 1/16" long.
                          I'm adding 50 grains to the tip. Gives me 19.2473% FOC :-)

My est weight is 448 grains. Which puts me at 6.5882 grains/ pound.

They came in around 452 grains.

I'm thinking of getting some Bloodsport fps hunters setup the same way. They are a heavier arrow so I'll have less FOC but more weight

Comment

Well dang I just spine a hog Bloodsport can't handle a thrashing hog Haha

Comment

They came in around 452 grains.

I'm thinking of getting some Bloodsport fps hunters setup the same way. They are a heavier arrow so I'll have less FOC but more weight
                              Do some looking at arrows That's a long arrow to put 50 guns up front on a 340 spine

Comment

Consulted with muddy gunna put my wife on a 26" carnivore foc is predicted at 20%!plus coming in at 370 gr +/-

Comment

Working...
                                X