• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These aren't exactly muscle cars but they are pretty manly lol

A couple of our fj40's 1980 model

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
      Looks bas A! Too bad it's probably not going to happen.
      it will happen if you want it to!
      $$$$$$$$$

Comment

I've always had a thing for making domestic front wheel drive cars into muscle cars.

My old 1991 Chevy Cavalier station wagon. Unsuspecting.

3.2L with a mild cam, big injectors, turbo, custom Haltech ECU, 242hp and 292 ft lbs to the wheels at only 10 psi. 13.9@104 mph in the 1/4 on 8 psi and a slipping clutch. It is still roaming the streets of D/FW, but with MUCH more boost.

I don't have any pictures of my Dodge SRT-4 that I had. 279 hp and 311 ft lbs to the wheels. It too was a fun little car.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
          I've always had a thing for making domestic front wheel drive cars into muscle cars.
          You're a sick puppy. I bet you've humiliated some folks in that sleeper?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            You're a sick puppy. I bet you've humiliated some folks in that sleeper?!

The old license plate;

The best race I had in it was against a turbocharged Miata. I had the car set to run at 14 psi and we were pretty even up to low triple digit speeds. The owner said that he would hang with Z06 Vettes.

Comment

1983 Z/28 Crossfire (Vette S/Block) Camaro

All original including the paint

Graphite composite hood with a pair of working butterfly valve intakes that suck cold air into the 305 small block.

The engine is the Corvette Crossfire fuel injection option available only in 1982 & 1983. It has a pair of air filters sitting over dual throttle bodies on a Chevy custom dual intake, which suck cold air through the dual butterfly valves when the engine is punched = like secondaries on a 4 barrel - sucks air straight in through the hood.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 07-20-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                1983 Z/28 Crossfire (Vette S/Block) Camaro

All original including the paint

Graphite composite hood with a pair of working butterfly valve intakes that suck cold air into the 305 small block.

The engine is the Corvette Crossfire fuel injection option available only in 1982 & 1983. It has a pair of air filters sitting over dual throttle bodies on a Chevy custom dual intake, which suck cold air through the dual butterfly valves when the engine is punched = like secondaries on a 4 barrel - sucks air straight in through the hood.

Thats awesome. ......did u buy it new?

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
                  Thats awesome. ......did u buy it new?
                  I purchased it back in 1997 from a Coast Guard C-130 pilot with only 37,000 original miles. The pilot purchased it special order - new from a Virginia Beach VA Chevrolet dealership in 1982 - picking it up when it was delivered in 1983. I paid 5000 dollars for this car - literally brand new and barely broke in - still on the original set of tires.

He used that 5,000 bucks to build a Cobra kit car. I think I made out on this deal LOL!

You don't want to punch it in a pouring rain....it will suck water straight into the engine when those butterfly valves pop open. I don't drive it in the rain
                  Last edited by AtTheWall; 07-21-2014, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Here's Dad's hot rod. Being from a generation before....I suppose his generation have a different view of muscle cars.

1950 Ford Business coupe with a Ford 289 dropped in.

This car came without rear seats. The old Ford Business coupe was a highly sought car during the 50s for specific reason, it was lighter without the back seat, technically made for sales guys who had to stuff a lot of stuff in the trunk and back seat area, minus the back seats (flat floorboard storage), as they made business calls. The old MOONSHINE CROWD used these cars to haul shine...and Ford built them with the best engine of that period. Those in the know used that extra power and storage area to haul moonshine and or as it was intentionally designed, for 50s vintage sales guys to carry sales items and luggage as they drove around making customer sales calls.

The old Flathead was pulled and replaced with the 289 - 3 on the tree - she hauls 0 - 60 in a wicked fast old school pull to speed.

Comment

Wish I still had her!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here's my truck 1971 Chevy. 406 motor, 2 speed power glide and 150 shot of nitro. I love this thing. Ended up with by collecting some bad debt and have gotten hooked! We finally got her running right and ran a 7.19 this Saturday (1/8) but hope to tweak it and get it I to the 6's. About to go to alcohol and go to 250 shot!!

Comment

[ATTACH]636369[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                            Here's my truck 1971 Chevy. 406 motor, 2 speed power glide and 150 shot of nitro. I love this thing. Ended up with by collecting some bad debt and have gotten hooked! We finally got her running right and ran a 7.19 this Saturday (1/8) but hope to tweak it and get it I to the 6's. About to go to alcohol and go to 250 shot!!

Ooo boy i like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                              Ooo boy i like that!
                              Thanks! It's crazy fun! I'm hooked bad!

Comment

TTT Post up some more pics men!!

Need to see some more hot rods!

Comment

Working...
                                X