Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
    Wow!!!! Now that’s a buck!!
    You're right about that. He would be a stud anywhere but is really awesome for the Hill Country.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
      You're right about that. He would be a stud anywhere but is really awesome for the Hill Country.
      I think he's 5.5 but he's lacking mass and still has more potential with this drought so I'm thinking of giving him a pass until next year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
        Most of our cameras looked a little foggy this morning but doesn't look like much rain

That’s a nice buck!!

Love me some big hill country deer

Comment

Anyone try alfalfa? I’ve never fed it for deer, but it’s so dry I’m going to try it this year. After about 4 days they had eaten around 1/4 of it. We’ll see how they like it and what’s on camera.
          Attached Files

Comment

Alfalfa gets mowed down when we put it out, which isn’t too often.

Comment

alfalfa goes quick, the deer and axis love it, but so do the cows and I need dynamite to do a fence around my feeders in Rocksprings.
              Also alfalfa is $16-24 a bale locally.

Comment

Following. I'm in Kerrville right outside the city. I just did all the trimming and feeder work on my little honey hole last night. I'm fortunate to have pretty much equal populations of Axis and Whitetail. I put out corn and protein for the Whitetail and alfalfa flakes for the Axis. I'll post trail cam photos when I go out to replenish. That combo of feeds brings em in 30-40 at a time to a single feeder. The axis are looking good and healthy. The Whitetail seem to be feeling the effects of this dry summer.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                  Most of our cameras looked a little foggy this morning but doesn't look like much rain

Where was this picture taken? Just curious because we have a buck on camera from last year that looked very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
                    alfalfa goes quick, the deer and axis love it, but so do the cows and I need dynamite to do a fence around my feeders in Rocksprings.
                    Also alfalfa is $16-24 a bale locally.
                    Currently it’s $14/bale at Mason Feed Store. Since they aren’t used to it this first bale will probably last 1.5-2 weeks. I don’t mind putting a bale or two out every few weeks.
                    Thankfully our cows leave the pens alone, plus they aren’t in this pasture right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                      Where was this picture taken? Just curious because we have a buck on camera from last year that looked very similar.
                      This was him last year in the camera screen, his name is Bob. We're in Llano county. The last 2 are pics from him a few days ago.

Comment

I really really like Bob!

Comment

^ Stud. Love seeing big hill country bucks.

Comment

I’m hoping this Burnet County fat boy finishes out well. They love to get me excited while they are in velvet, only to lose half their mass when they shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AxisAddict View Post
                              Following. I'm in Kerrville right outside the city. I just did all the trimming and feeder work on my little honey hole last night. I'm fortunate to have pretty much equal populations of Axis and Whitetail. I put out corn and protein for the Whitetail and alfalfa flakes for the Axis. I'll post trail cam photos when I go out to replenish. That combo of feeds brings em in 30-40 at a time to a single feeder. The axis are looking good and healthy. The Whitetail seem to be feeling the effects of this dry summer.
                              please do!
                              I'm up the road & a few weeks out from getting to go pull cards.

Comment

Just got in from San Saba. Like everyone knows just terribly dry. Actually surprised the deer aren't hitting the protein harder. Used about a 1000 lbs in the last 2 weeks. They are hammering the waterers. deer are still looking good as far as body wise. Seeing a couple of above average bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X