No announcement yet.

UTV's... comparisons, good bad ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mule Pro is a great ride, but gets really hot in the summer from engine/radiator heat??? I really like it in the winter, but brutal in the summer. Mule trans bed rattles a lot if that kind of thing bothers you. I also have a Honda 500 Pioneer that doesn't have heat issue, but not sure about their 1000 crew.

Comment

I don't have experience with the new Kubota RTV diesels but our 900 diesel has been very reliable. Only issues after 1500+ hours is the bracket for the hydraulic dump fluid reservoir keeps breaking. Will have to make some modifications to that. And we had to replace the rear u joints. It has a leaf spring suspension and is not built for speed. But it is a work horse for sure. I haul as much oak firewood in the bed as will stay put. It gets used everyday for ranch work.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
        Let’s talk, because I haven’t found that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The closest comparison Polaris has to the PRO FXT is the Ranger 900-6 seater. Without EPS the base Polaris 900-6 has a MSRP of $13,699 and the PRO FXT without EPS has a MSRP of $12,999. The Polaris Ranger 900-6 with EPS has a MSRP of $15,499 and the EPS model of the PRO FXT has a MSRP of $14,799.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
          Cvt Trans on rangers is loud as ****
          Mule is only way I'd go- kawasaki is the toyota of utv I'm my opinion- low maintenance and longevity-
          And the ranger is a F-250 with twin turbos

Comment

Bought my mule pro fxt with power steering for 14.5 out the door (taxes included) last year from kawasaki of irving.

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
            The closest comparison Polaris has to the PRO FXT is the Ranger 900-6 seater. Without EPS the base Polaris 900-6 has a MSRP of $13,699 and the PRO FXT without EPS has a MSRP of $12,999. The Polaris Ranger 900-6 with EPS has a MSRP of $15,499 and the EPS model of the PRO FXT has a MSRP of $14,799.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
              Cvt Trans on rangers is loud as ****
              Mule is only way I'd go- kawasaki is the toyota of utv I'm my opinion- low maintenance and longevity-
              That is another thing I like about the Honda, no CVT. I can short shift and it is really quiet compared to Mule.

Comment

Buy a Jeep or 4x4 suv. AC/Heat, Closed cabin for about a 3rd of the price. Your driving on ranch roads anyway. I sold my mule last year and don't miss it at all.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Ogre 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	24534067

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  If you don't have to have the 4 seats all the time, you need to go look at the Honda Pioneer 1000-5. It is a legitimate 5 person UTV that rides like a dream, will run 60 mph and have pedal left, 3 different drive modes in the 6 speed automatic transmission, and auto load leveling system that allows you to haul some serious weight in the tilt bed... and as far as dependability.... well it's a HONDA...
                  Yep^^^^^ I have one and have ran it up to 60 with not issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Buy a Jeep or 4x4 suv. AC/Heat, Closed cabin for about a 3rd of the price. Your driving on ranch roads anyway. I sold my mule last year and don't miss it at all.
                    [ATTACH]900493[/ATTACH]
                    For hunting out west, I'm the same way, but that vehicle in your pic wouldn't get within 2 miles of my set ups in East Texas where I hunt and use my Honda, and my Honda would be a lot easier hauling corn and filling feeders even IF I could get the Jeep to my feeders... Just a totally different application. For me I have to have both...

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the Yamaha Viking? I see those all over CL for cheap. I rode in the ranch edition one time and it seemed like it was loud & lacking in power. Makes sense though because it has the same motor as my Grizzly 700 and was hauling 4 folks.

Comment

The price point on the Honda is pretty much the dame as the Ranger. Maneuverability is another BIG advantage of the Pioneer 1000-5... It's turning radius will turn inside all the other 2 seaters... Mine is box stock standard except the custom aluminum top, front end replacement bumper, and aluminum front basket(Big Country Outdoors). Much better suspension than the Rangers... Rangers is all I really can compare it to because most of my hunting mates run Rangers... They're makin' noises about bumping up to the Honda now too...
                        [ATTACH]900479[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]900480[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]900481[/ATTACH]

This is my 700-4 but it shows the seat configuration in the back. The 1000 is just like it only bigger.
                        [ATTACH]900482[/ATTACH]
                        What he said for sure. I have one of the Honda big red utv's and love it but really want a pioneer 4 with the family growing just cant pull the trigger yet. I have loved Slicks since the first time I saw it on here. the turning radius is the number one thing I cant deal with on the others. Feels like you are driving a school bus. Im an old mx'r as well and just like my other machines I have had zero issues with my Honda sxs. others at the lease I just got off of had a can am defender, nice but loud and huge. Vikings-seemed nice but very wide and too new to tell if they were worth a crap. other guy just bought a john deer 4 seater-i know there are tons of different models and I don't remember which he had but man those seats where so uncomfortable
                        Last edited by ckamp52; 03-14-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                          I just bought a Mule PRO FXT. Too soon to give any kind of review but I can tell you it rides like a Cadillac and seems to have plenty of grunt. The 3 year warranty speaks volumes for how tough these machines are. Polaris just bumped their warranty to 1 year in response but it’s still not exactly a statement of confidence in their own product IMO. It was funny but the dealership where I got mine sells both - they as much as told me if someone comes in stating they want a Polaris, they are happy to sell it to them. If someone comes in and asks what they recommend, they say Kawasaki every time. All of that said, there are some major differences. The mule does not have a locking front diff - which is a major design flaw IMO. The mule also accelerates much slower and top speed is slower. It’s more of a gentlemen’s machine vs the Polaris which is simply more sporty!
                          I've heard the same thing at a local (SA) dealership. They said they tell people about some issues with the Ranger and they still want them. But, if the customer asks which one, they recommend the mule.

Comment

For hunting out west, I'm the same way, but that vehicle in your pic wouldn't get within 2 miles of my set ups in East Texas where I hunt and use my Honda, and my Honda would be a lot easier hauling corn and filling feeders even IF I could get the Jeep to my feeders... Just a totally different application. For me I have to have both...
                            Don't go hatin' on Ogre! Our roads around our lease are better than some of our County Roads here in Brazoria county!

It sho is nice when its a hunert degrees or raining and 35*

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                              Bought my mule pro fxt with power steering for 14.5 out the door (taxes included) last year from kawasaki of irving.
                              That is why I stated MSRP, not actual selling prices.

Comment

I'd get a Mule pro. We have 2 of them now. Used to have rangers and will not go back

Comment

Working...
                                X