No announcement yet.

Pathological Liars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just looking forward to Bownanza. Lots of Dos Equis and l_ _ _ .

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I'm just looking forward to Bownanza. Lots of Dos Equis and l_ _ _ .
      I guess you found a way to stay busy during night shift, good investigation work.

Comment

Yes I have known a few that can’t help but exaggerate every story they tell. Super annoying.

Comment

I got a buddy that would rather stand on a cactus and lie to you than stand on the ground and tell you the truth. Problem is he was an army ranger (that parts true) and has seen some crazy **** so a lot of times you really don't know if his story is true or not lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
            Wife keeps saying that size doesn't matter. Does that count?
            If someone says it is related to the size of your feet, they're a durn liar!

I have size 15 feet. I know.

Comment

The real question for me is...do pathological liars know they're pathological liars? I'm certain some will read this thread. Do they know what they are or is there some sort of short in their brain that doesn't allow them to realize?

Comment

I believe they do. They just cant (or wont) stop.
                Pretty much like serial killers.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                  I've owned a fishing lodge on Lake Fork since 1992 doing business with fishermen. What do you think?
                  Tell us more about this lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    The real question for me is...do pathological liars know they're pathological liars? I'm certain some will read this thread. Do they know what they are or is there some sort of short in their brain that doesn't allow them to realize?

Comment

Based on the one I am dealing with right now, I really don't believe they know what they are doing. There is something screwy going on in their brain. They live in a fantasy land and they really just start believing the lies they tell to be truth. Problem is, they lie so much they keep getting caught in them and tell more lies to try and hide the lie they got caught in.

Comment

Well, that makes the one I dealt with years ago a compulsive pathological liar.

Comment

Well, that makes the one I dealt with years ago a compulsive pathological liar.
                          Those we call "poli-tish-uns"

Comment

Had a neighbor for a little while that I only hung out with once because of his stories. We had just moved in to our first home in Cypress and some neighbors down at the end of the street were having a party. We walked down to introduce ourselves and were met by the owner who immediately started telling some pretty tall tales. What this dude didn't know was that I am a die hard baseball guy, even played all 4 years of college. He goes on to say that he was a 2nd round draft pick, starting shortstop blah blah blah. Then he said that he ran a 3.2 home to first. I said really? Cause that would be faster than Michael Bourn (this was 9 years ago FYI). I said where did you play your college ball? He says UofH. I said oh yeah, when did you play? He says 2004-2006. I said oh cool, by the way, do you know a guy named Brad Lincoln? NOPE, CAN'T SAY I DO.

Brad and I grew up playing together and are still friends to this day. He was the 4th overall pick in the 1st round of the 2006 draft out of UofH... and you don't know him even though you played with him for 3 years.

We never hung out again lol.

Comment

Just talked to Brad .. he says he doesn't know you..but knows your neighbor pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Just talked to Brad .. he says he doesn't know you..but knows your neighbor pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                                X