No announcement yet.

Kubota or John Deere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD for me, although I have never ran a Kubota. I go with the biggest hp they make in the compact. Mine is 48 hp. The loader handles 1,600 lb round bales no problem and I run an 8 ft shredder. I go this route mainly because I move it around a lot from property to property and it is relatively light compared to the mid sized.
    For 60 acres you might want to go a little bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
      Which ever dealer close by has the best stocked parts department and service department. When I break down I don't want to wait a week for a part.
      X2....the main reason I went with JD for my tractor at the ranch. No Kabota dealer close. JD has been great for service.

Comment

Like everyone said above, Kubota. I believe the smaller (under 90hp) John Deere is made in China.

Comment

Not sure on youre price range, but I saw an open cab 55 hp kubota with 4x4, front end loader, shredder and maybe a box blade for $28k in the paper this past weekend. Seemed like a good deal on a new tractor to me. But I havent priced them either, I just thought it would be closer to $35k new.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
            JD for me, although I have never ran a Kubota. I go with the biggest hp they make in the compact. Mine is 48 hp. The loader handles 1,600 lb round bales no problem and I run an 8 ft shredder. I go this route mainly because I move it around a lot from property to property and it is relatively light compared to the mid sized.
            For 60 acres you might want to go a little bigger.
            not sure I've heard or scene a 1600LB bale of hay. it would have to be at the highest density from a Dry Matter per Cubic Foot on a 5x6. We bale hay and our bales are 1200 5x5. Do you have weights? is it an old JD?

Comment

Originally posted by cowman View Post
              not sure I've heard or scene a 1600LB bale of hay. it would have to be at the highest density from a Dry Matter per Cubic Foot on a 5x6. We bale hay and our bales are 1200 5x5. Do you have weights? is it an old JD?

Da3n! Y’all bailing some serious #s....

Kubota

Comment

Orange

Comment

Most of the Deere less than 75 hp (e series) are made in India/Yanmar engines or what not. Anything smaller than that, you ought to be looking at Kubota. Don't know much about Mahindra, but you'll likely get any difference in price back at resale on the Kubota. Most (not all) of the Mahindra dealers I see don't have near the service dept of the Deere and Kubota dealers, and getting parts can often be a slog of a wait.

Comment

Originally posted by cowman View Post
                    5 x 6 alfalfa, I have a box blade on back. That tractor is about 10 yrs old, bought it new.

Comment

Kubota or John Deere

Sorry to thread jack...but I have the opportunity to buy an 82 hp 4wd John Deere 2940 that was made in 1982. Has about 2000 easy hours on it mowing a Pecan orchard and I know the fella selling it. Has been sitting up for a few years now tho. Can be bought for 14k. Deal or look for something newer?

Last edited by Full Throttle; 02-26-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        I own both brands.
                        90 hp Kubota-great tractor
                        90 hp JD worst tractor I ever owned
                        130 hp JD best tractor I ever owned

There’s a true saying. Less than 100 hpKubota, more than 100 JD.
                        We have almost identical tractors plus a 70 horse kubota, I agree on all points.

Comment

I have a Kubota M7040. Love it. Go as big as you can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
                            which is the better tractor? It will be a 4WD

looking at getting the Kubota L3301 or the L3901 or the John Deere 3033R or the 3038E.

mostly will be doing shredding, small food plots, and some hauling dirt and rocks. what do y'all prefer?
                            If you are going to be doing a lot of dirt work, or backing up under trees while mowing, do yourself a favor and get a hydro or powereverser trans.

Comment

I looked at both and got the Kubota 43hp

Comment

I got a JD 3038e several years ago...local dealer. No issues. Use it mainly for building fence, mowing and putting in food plots. It does all I need. I wouldn't be without the pallet forks...handier than a pocket on a shirt...especially for hauling larger hedge corner posts. A friend of mine had a Kubota for a number of years and recently bought a JD 3032. He thinks it is a lot better machine and is the mechanical type that can take a tractor apart and put it back together. FWIW. There's not a lot of Kubota power in my area.

Comment

Working...
                                X